Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Word Processing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   Lost document Password in WordPerfect (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=648180)

• Apr 3, 2012, 11:52 AM
    dwashbur
    Lost document Password in WordPerfect
    I came upon a document that I couldn't remember, and the stupid thing is password protected (yes, it's on my own computer). It's a WordPerfect 12 document, and I need a way to recover/crack the password that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, since I'll probably only be using the method once. Anybody know a good way to do this?
  • Apr 4, 2012, 04:18 AM
    cdad
    I have to ask. Since you don't remember the document then why is it so important that you view it ?
  • Apr 5, 2012, 11:07 AM
    dwashbur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I have to ask. Since you dont remember the document then why is it so important that you view it ?

The title suggests that it may be something I need. Something I only need annually, but you know how that goes.
  • Apr 5, 2012, 01:27 PM
    cdad
    Here are several programs you might want to look at.

How Do I Retrieve a Password for a WordPerfect File? | eHow.com

Also have you tried opening the document with a different program like notepad?
  • Apr 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
    dwashbur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Here are several programs you might want to look at.

How Do I Retrieve a Password for a WordPerfect File? | eHow.com

Also have you tried opening the document with a different program like notepad?

I've tried opening it in notepad, wordpad, OpenOffice Writer, they all return gibberish.

Unfortunately, the programs at that address cost more than I can do. The demos either return only 3 characters or they return zilch and just say "I found it, give me $$$ and I'll tell you what it is, neener neener!" Oh well.
  • Apr 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
    MHBeira2
    Hi Dave,

I am actually having a similar problem: an important document, which does no longer recognize my password. Not sure what happened, but I may have "saved as" and entered the wrong password somehow. Did you, by any chance, got a reliable and not too expensive solution? I would appreciate very much if you could share a solution with me. Word Perfect support team has been of no use, so far. Thank you!
    MHBeira2
  • Apr 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
    MHBeira2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    I've tried opening it in notepad, wordpad, OpenOffice Writer, they all return gibberish.

Unfortunately, the programs at that address cost more than I can do. The demos either return only 3 characters or they return zilch and just say "I found it, give me $$$ and I'll tell you what it is, neener neener!" Oh well.

Hi Dave,

I am actually having a similar problem: an important document, which does no longer recognize my password. Not sure what happened, but I may have "saved as" and entered the wrong password somehow. Did you, by any chance, got a reliable and not too expensive solution? I would appreciate very much if you could share a solution with me. Word Perfect support team has been of no use, so far. Thank you!
    MHBeira2