Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Family Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Can Massachusetts force a dna test (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=660731)

• May 16, 2012, 05:46 AM
    JimmmyDe
    Can Massachusetts force a dna test
    16 years ago I had sex with a Rhode Island woman I'm from mass the next day she told me she was pregnant & she knew because she was a few hours late with her period I went down & brought 2 test kits with me and both were negativethe following year she had a baby now 16 years later she wants past child support & moneys to support her & the child because the state has cut her off from assistance I received a letter yesterday saying mass dor child support in conjunction with Rhode Island requires me to take a dna test or else the courts would allow her money from me as a default .
    I'm one of those people that believes that nothing is parsonal & confidential in this state & sooner or later my dna results would be available for all angencies to view for whatever reason with or without my concent. I know the easy oput is just give in & be done with this nut case of a woman,I've moved on in life now & have grandchildren & don't want to open a new page in my life or that of my children new wife or grandbabies.The woman listed father as Unknown but now that the state is making her work for her money now she wants to turn my life upside down (sounds like an episode of springer) But anyway can the state of mass make me take the test & if I refuse force a decision upon me?
  • May 16, 2012, 06:27 AM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmmyDe View Post
    16 years ago I had sex with a rhode island woman I'm from mass the next day she told me she was pregnant & she knew because she was a few hours late with her period i went down & brought 2 test kits with me and both were negativethe following year she had a baby now 16 years later she wants past child support & moneys to support her & the child because the state has cut her off from assistance I recieved a letter yesterday saying mass dor child support in conjunction with Rhode Island requires me to take a dna test or else the courts would allow her money from me as a default .
    I'm one of those people that believes that nothing is parsonal & confidential in this state & sooner or later my dna results would be availabe for all angencies to view for whatever reason with or without my concent. I know the easy oput is just give in & be done with this nut case of a woman,I've moved on in life now & have grandchildren & dont want to open a new page in my life or that of my children new wife or grandbabies.The woman listed father as Unknown but now that the state is making her work for her money now she wants to turn my life upside down (sounds like an episode of springer) But anyways can the state of mass make me take the test & if I refuse force a decision upon me?

Sure they can (make you take that test)... just take the test... if its not yours... the issue will be over.
  • May 16, 2012, 07:11 AM
    AK lawyer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmmyDe View Post
    ... I recieved a letter yesterday saying mass dor child support in conjunction with Rhode Island requires me to take a dna test or else the courts would allow her money from me as a default ....

The child support agencies for Massachusetts and Rhode Island are threatening to "default you" unless you take the test? I'm fairly confident that they can't do this unless and until they actually file suit against you and then give you an opportunity to take the DNA test. Consult with an attorney in your state to be sure, because, for one thing, only that way will he or she will be able to review the letter you received.
  • May 16, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    You may just pay her child support and don't have to take a DNA test. Next I am sorry but that is a very paranoid opinion of a DNA test, it does not go into a police or FBI data base from the dept of human services. But if they wanted to get your DNA they can get it from your medical records, your health insurance records and more. That DNA test is the least of your concern.

But yes, they can either make you pay if you refuse the test or make you take the test.