Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   No water coming at all (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=4386)

• Jan 19, 2003, 10:53 AM
    muldersbuddy
    No water coming at all
    >:(
    This morning my husband commented to me that the downstairs faucets were acting up. He said yesterday he could only get hot water and then cold. Now the faucets will not even give any water at all. What is causing this? We didn't replace them or anything. The upstairs faucets are fine. Thanks in advance.
  • Jan 21, 2003, 01:50 AM
    bushbob
    No water coming at all
    This could be a few different things. You must find out how far the water is working. The problem may even be before the taps. It could also be as simple as the areator at the end of the taps is plugged. Remove the areator and see if the water works now. If not then you work backwards till you find the plug.
  • Jan 31, 2003, 09:44 AM
    speedball1
    No water coming at all
    Hey Buddy, I know this answer comes a little late but I just came on board ::) If cleaning the areator screens didn't do it, pull the cartridge and check the ports. Some times a hot water heater will send trash theough the lines,( mineral buildup or perhaps a dip tube going bad) and the inlet ports will clog up. If you find that the ports are clogged with white material get back to me and I'll walk you through the repair process. Good luck, Tom
  • Dec 12, 2005, 11:18 PM
    krin63
    New Copper But No Water Pressure
    Hello Out There in Internet Land! We just installed new copper pipes today and it seemed to go well. We couldn'd get any water pressure when we were done. Before we started we removed the old pipes except for one that goes underground and under the sidewalk, etc... We tested the pressure at that point and it seemed pretty good so we decided to install the new copper to it. We also noticed later that the meter seems to have a leak when you turn the valve off. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Derek & Kristin
  • Dec 13, 2005, 06:57 AM
    speedball1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by krin63
    Hello Out There in Internet Land! We just installed new copper pipes today and it seemed to go well. We couldn'd get any water pressure when we were done. Before we started we removed the old pipes except for one that goes underground and under the sidewalk, etc... We tested the pressure at that point and it seemed pretty good so we decided to go ahead and install the new copper to it. We also noticed later that the meter seems to have a leak when you turn the valve off. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help. Derek & Kristin

Are you saying that you repiped the house in copper and now there's no pressure or just to one fixture? No pressure on the toilets? Anywhere?
    Please list your complaint again with more detail.
    If the meter leak is downstream from the meter then the city pays for the water. If it's upstream from the meter it's on you. Either way it's the citys responsibility to keep the meter in good repair. Regards, Tom