Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pools - Spas & Saunas (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=261)
-   -   Unlevel pool (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=150849)

• Nov 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Mark76
    Unlevel pool
    We just had an above ground pool put in and the company that put it in I would not recommend to anyone. It is unlevel about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. I was wondering if it was safe to use or do we need them to drain it and level it up right? By the way it took them 4 weeks to put it up.
  • Nov 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
    The Pool Guy
    An above ground pool that is 2" out of level needs to be drained, re-leveled and the bottom re-smoothed. I build above ground pools and weather permitting, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 days from start to finish. If I add a deck it might take longer. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck...
  • Nov 12, 2007, 06:55 PM
    ballengerb1
    Yep, pool guys is correct and your task is not all that easy. Did you pay the installer by check or VISA? Try to put a stop on this payment because the install is totally incorrect and you have recourse with them. The ppol needs to be emtied, liner out, pool ring shifted over so you can dig down along the high side, do not try to build up the low side. Except for screwing togetehr the panels its almost like a total reinstall. Ray Charles at midnight should have gotten this pool closer to level.
  • Dec 1, 2007, 07:32 AM
    coltonjared
    Do I need to relevel my pool its about 1/2 inches off on one side, it was fine when I built it but after the first rain it lowered on one side and it been like that for about 6 months. Will it get worse later on?
  • Dec 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
    The Pool Guy
    If it has not sank at the uprights anymore in the last 6 months, you're probably o k. if it gets to an inch or more, you will have major problems. Depending on the size of pool this is makes a difference also. Make sure you have good drainage around the pool. And another important thing on an above ground pool is you should never,ever be able to see the bottom wall track on the outside of the pool. This keeps the sand from sifting out from under the pool. If you have any other questions- feel free to ask. Hoped this helped.
  • Dec 1, 2007, 11:45 AM
    coltonjared
    Its 4ft by 18ft, I built up the dirt around the pool so water would run away from the pool.
  • Dec 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
    The Pool Guy
    Good job... with an 18' round pool you should be all right, as long as it doesn't settle any more. Happy Swimming!!
  • Jun 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
    szwalch
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pool Guy
    an above ground pool that is 2" out of level needs to be drained, re-leveled and the bottom re-smoothed. I build above ground pools and weather permitting, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 days from start to finish. If I add a deck it might take longer. any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck.....

I have a pool that's about 1 3/4" off level-should we redo it now or wait for the end of season, 3 months and do it then?
  • Aug 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
    thally
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pool Guy View Post
    an above ground pool that is 2" out of level needs to be drained, re-leveled and the bottom re-smoothed. I build above ground pools and weather permitting, it takes 1 1/2 to 2 days from start to finish. If I add a deck it might take longer. any other questions, feel free to ask. Good Luck.....

Is it better to drain the pool and raise it or drain and dig down 2" +/-