Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=38428)

• Oct 22, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Professional Rookie
    NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue.
    I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system.
    I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC
    The A/C works fine, but the heater does not.

I have it wired as follows:
    G - Green
    Y - Yellow
    W - White
    RH - Pink
    B -
    O - Orange
    RC - Red

I have a blue wire and a black wire left over. If I remember correctly, the blue on the Janitrol tstat was used as a Common (C).

What do I need to hook up to the B position?

Do I need any jumpers?

Please help. We're cold.
  • Oct 22, 2006, 03:09 PM
    NorthernHeat
    What is your back-up heat source? I don't mean to be negative but throw that Lux Pro in the trash. It's probably not set up for Heat pump with 2 stage heat anyway.
  • Oct 22, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Professional Rookie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    What is your back-up heat source? I don't mean to be negative but throw that Lux Pro in the trash. It's probably not set up for Heat pump with 2 stage heat anyway.

What the hell kind of answer is that? Hey, take $50 out of your wallet and throw it in the trash. If you don't have a proper answer, don't post.
  • Oct 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Kender
    I have never seen NorthernHeat give a bad answer.
    That t-stat does not look like is setup for that heat pump. Its missing the W2 for the white wire and was the pink on E on the old T-Stat?
    For temporary heat remove the pink wire and jump the RH and the RC together with the RED wire
  • Oct 22, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Professional Rookie
    Well, there is a first for everything. Had an A/C guy over and all I needed were a couple of jumpers. So I just took that answer and threw it in the trash. Not to be negative, of course.
  • Oct 22, 2006, 09:26 PM
    NorthernHeat
    Sorry if I seemed course, but honestly I get tired of having to charge people $100.00 to replace a bad Hunter or Lux thermostat. There instructions are weak at best and they will say heat pump (which they will do) but usually don't say "Not for multi stage heat system"
    By the way he can return it with his receipt" wasn't literal about throw it in the trash.
  • Dec 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
    AC Doc
    Use a vision pro 8000 series thermostat by honeywell next time. They all work so much better and the instructions work well.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 02:41 PM
    bsaah
    No Do Not Get Vision Pro 8000 From Honeywell Mine Busted In Two Weeks So Don't Get It
  • Mar 31, 2008, 03:52 PM
    NorthernHeat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaah
    No Do Not Get Vision Pro 8000 From Honeywell Mine Busted In Two Weeks So Dont Get It

My Vision Pro 8000 is 3 yrs old, and is working great. It does have a 5 year warranty. I have never replaced one, under warranty, at least that I know of, and we have sold 100's of them.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 04:19 PM
    hvac1000
    Vision Pro is the best thermostat going. The only problem with the vision pro is when home owners buy one and mess it up trying to install it.
  • Mar 31, 2008, 06:17 PM
    bsaah
    They are not all that. I have a mercury thermostat and I love it from trane. Mercury thermostat are the way to go. I am so into the old thermostat.

bsaah
  • Mar 31, 2008, 07:28 PM
    hvac1000
    Enjoy yourself