Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dentistry (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   What can I use until I can see a dentist? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=839862)

• Jul 16, 2018, 09:42 AM
    Pasteldream
    What can I use until I can see a dentist?
    Hey, I'd like to explain my situation first because I tried asking elsewhere and people weren't helpful, they were more judging than anything. And maybe they have a right to, what I did was my fault. I guess I just didn't think I needed to be told what I was doing wrong, I needed to know how to fix it. Anyway, moving on. I had to get braces when I was younger, for a long time I prided myself in keeping my teeth clean even before the braces. As I got older though, I got stuck in this dark place mentally and emotionally. I didn't want to do anything, not even take care of my teeth. I stopped going to the dentist/orthodontist. Well, now my teeth are in bad condition and I'm really embarrassed and insecure about it. I've had panic attacks over it because I don't know what to do now. There are certain people I don't want to know about this, one of my doctors is one of them, but when I go he usually asks me to open my mouth and say "ah" like an average doctor does and I have an appointment coming up with him, but I'd rather just keep this between my dentist and I. I have been to a dentist recently, but they couldn't do anything for me because I didn't have 172 dollars for a treatment that my insurance doesn't cover. I considered some of those fake teeth that you just fit over your own real teeth, but I read that it doesn't work with braces. I mean, I can pull the wire out, it's loose. So then it'll just have to fit over some brackets. But I don't know how and if that'd work. I'm also living with a couple of people that I don't want to know about what I'm going through, it's embarrassing. Can anyone please help me?
  • Jul 16, 2018, 09:57 AM
    talaniman
    I cannot address your personal dramas, but if you need money for a dentist get a GoFundMe account, if you have no other options. Just curious about what you get for $172 dollars that would make such a difference. Sounds shaky to me. Maybe if you raise enough money you can find a way to deal with the notion of keeping your dental condition from a doctor. That in itself sounds VERY shaky.

Like I said though, I have no advice or suggestions for the drama and concern over your teeth, but hope you get help for whatever is illing you.
  • Jul 16, 2018, 10:19 AM
    Wondergirl
    Please go to a reputable dentist who will remove your braces, clean your teeth, and assess them for repair. Are there cavities that have started under the braces?
  • Jul 16, 2018, 12:52 PM
    Pasteldream
    Well, you're right. The $172 won't make much of a difference considering it's not anything major like extractions, implants and other procedures. It's a treatment called a Full Mouth Debridement. Even though it won't make much of a difference, at least I'd be a step closer to getting them fixed in one way or another. If I had the money, that is. Also, GoFundMe is a good suggestion. Thanks.