Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medical Conditions & Diseases (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Endometriois (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=810524)

• Apr 14, 2015, 12:49 PM
    ACHRI4
    Endometriois
    I recently went to two doctors and the sencond one gave me a pelvic exam and felt behind my uteurus and when he did so he asked if it hurts and it did so he said that he wants to do a laproscopy and see if there is tissue and if there is test it and if he sees a sign of endometriosis remove the tissue. Now I've been trying to conceive for 5 months and I have had no luck. I use the ovulation test strips aroudn the 14th day and I use a tracker calendar and track everything. My question is should I go through with the procedure? Or is there something else this prolem I'm having could be? I went into the docs orgionally because I was having crazy cramping when I was menstrating and though it was a cyst, but it wasn't. So what are your thoughts?
  • Apr 14, 2015, 02:04 PM
    joypulv
    Please realize that online we can't see you, much less get your history or examine you. So 'thoughts' are just that.
    I do understand that some doctors believe 'crazy cramping' more than others, so the main thing is, do you think the second doctor is one who listens? Do you trust him? If so, stop right there and trust him, and read all you can about endometriosis. There are recent advances in the topic. But there is no one answer for every woman who has it.

You can look for blogs about that, pid, pcos, cramping, and see what other women are learning and doing. Some women have success, others don't. Surgery is no guarantee of a quick fix.

As far as trying to conceive, surely you know that 5 months is much too short a time to know how fertile you are, not to mention your partner's sperm.
    Unless you are wealthy, you have to be patient.

Meanwhile, there is a lot you can do about cramping, from dietary limitations to pelvic tilts to heating pads to stool softeners (and plenty of fluids) to avoid extra pressure. Read all about that too.
  • Apr 14, 2015, 02:05 PM
    DoulaLC
    I'd like to see how he checks behind a uterus and not have it hurt! Have you been having positives with the ovulation test strips? Five months of actively trying can seem like a while, but many couples won't become pregnant until a year or so of actively trying... and that can be perfectly normal.

Endometriosis can be an issue with fertility, but it isn't necessarily an issue. It will depend on the severity and the individual person. Having painful periods (more so than what may be considered normal cramps) can be a symptom of endometriosis. Did your doctor do an ultrasound by chance? The laproscopy will allow for more to be seen. It's really up to you.

If your doctor feels that you have enough symptoms to warrant looking further, and if you trust your doctor, then I would have things checked out, especially since you are trying to conceive; you'll want to give every possible chance.

Good luck!
  • Apr 14, 2015, 02:23 PM
    ACHRI4
    Yes, I have had positive test strips the whole time. The first time I went to the doctor I got an ultrasound and I was ovulating so in my right ovary there's was a circle like sack but the rest looked pretty he said