Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   I don't know. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=65457)

• Feb 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
    babygurl61705
    I don't know.
    OK first off, I'm 15 years old and for the past week I say, I've been having brown discharge coming from my vagina. I wear a pad because I thought that maybe it was my period but now I'm starting to worry because it won't go away and I know my period doesn't last this long. When ever I put a pad on, there's like a lot of brown discharge in it and almost looks black, it not light or anything... and plus last summer, I had a pap test done and they said that it came back abnormal and that I could have hpv or something like that... im so scared.I am sexually active and I had sex with my boyfriend on just on valentines day and the day after. I don't know what to do because this has never happened to me before. In like January, I came on my period a couple weeks late and I was afraid that I might've been pregnant, but when I came on I thought there's no way... I don't know what to do.. I'm confused some body help... :(
  • Feb 22, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Hopeful1
    See your doctor ASAP!
  • Feb 24, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Fallenangelss
    Ok, I just want to say this... If your so scared of being pregnant then why are you having sex at 15? Even better are you having protected sex? If not I suggest having safer sex, try to stop having sex altogether, but at least be safe about it. Most of all go see the doctor asap like Hopeful1 said.
  • Feb 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
    JoeCanada76
    Especially with a pap smear being abnormal. Black colour is a sign of real old blood. It has been sitting somewhere. You need to go to the doctor asap.

Could be anything. Especially if your sexually active and have not been using protection.

Joe
  • Feb 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
    airbats-goku
    Hon, you have to see a doctor! The discharge could be an indicator of several health problems of which pregnancy isn't the worst that it could be! Also your PAP smear showing HPV is serious! This is an STD that can be passed to your boyfriend and anyone he sleeps with after. However, sex is not the only way that it is transmitted. HPV can be treated. There is a surgery that can be done but it isn't always successful. The docs might have to perform a D & C. Your doctor can tell you more on this. If left untreated HPV can lead to cervical cancer. Sweetie, please go to your doctor and get this dealt with! If you feel that you are responsible enough to be having sex then you must be responsible enough to take care of your body and yourself. I understand where you are coming from I've been there myself. Fortunately the surgery option worked for me and I have been outbreak free and my PAP smears have been coming back clean ever since. PLEASE GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!!