Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Credit (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Credit card not on credit report (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=223962)

• Jun 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
    npq
    Credit card not on credit report
    I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?
  • Jun 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
    progunr
    How old is the Citibank account?

When was the last time you were contacted by them, or an agency regarding that debt?

I guess the fact that it is not showing on the reports, really means nothing except that it is not on the reports.

Not being there alone, would not indicate that they are not going to still attempt to collect it. Actually, as far as your score goes, it's probably better that it is not on the reports.
  • Jun 6, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Loan_Guy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by npq
    I have several credit cards that have been charged off and gone to collections. All of them are on my credit report but one from Citibank. Is that good or should I be concerned about that?

I wouldn't be concerned about it. If it truly is a charge-off, it's probably better it is not on there.

One other option. Have you looked at all three of your reports? It's possible they only report to one or two bureaus and you just don't see it now. Either way, don't sweat it.

LG
  • Jun 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
    npq
    Quote:

Originally Posted by npq

I stopped paying on it a year ago along with other credit cards. In February I started making payments to the collection agencies that were calling. It doesn't matter about my credit score because it is bad. I just didn't understand why they didn't report it like the rest.
    I just checked on the other credit agency like LG said to do. Now I found another Citibank account with a number that I have no record of. The amount is different and so is the address to the one I was asking about. Should I dispute this with the credit bureau? Or should I call the credit card company and dispute it with them?
  • Jun 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    progunr
    Dispute it with the credit bureau.

They will request validation from Citibank, within a certain time frame.

If they don't receive the required information, they have to remove it.

You might get lucky?
  • Jun 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
    npq
    Quote:

Originally Posted by npq

Thanks for all the help.