Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   High School (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400)
-   -   How to cope with indian educational system? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=825182)

• Jun 2, 2016, 07:21 AM
    Rounaq
    How to cope with indian educational system?
    I am a 14 year old boy, studying in a state board school in India; I also attend a coaching institute on weekends. I am hugely interested in reading books, novels, watching movies and explore the internet. However, I hate the way school teachers teach; in a boring, rote manner. For that reason, my school grades are dropping and my parents aren't satisfied. What can I do to improve my grades on the school and the coaching center and in the same time maintain my natural interests? What would be the ideal way by which I should approach this period of my life?
  • Jun 2, 2016, 07:48 AM
    talaniman
    Just because you have a boring teacher or class is NO EXCUSE for falling grades. I can understand you would rather be doing something else but it's simple really to make improving your grades a PRIORITY by devoting more time to class and less to your outside interests.

Pretty obvious where you need to put more focus and energy into... SCHOOL! You can get back to your other interest you enjoy after your grades improve. Few of us can be good at everything at once, especially not a 14 year old.
  • Jun 2, 2016, 09:58 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Just because you have a boring teacher or class is NO EXCUSE for falling grades. I can understand you would rather be doing something else but it's simple really to make improving your grades a PRIORITY by devoting more time to class and less to your outside interests.

Pretty obvious where you need to put more focus and energy into... SCHOOL! You can get back to your other interest you enjoy after your grades improve. Few of us can be good at everything at once, especially not a 14 year old.

I absolutely know where the OP is coming from with this; state run schools in India haven't changed in the last l50 years. You must go, there is nothing else and if you don't like the teaching, from rote, methods, you either sit there day after day or go dig a ditch.

Unfortunately these teachers are exactly as the OP describes and I don't think, tal, he is trying to cop out of this complaining about failing grades because the teachers are boring, actually, they are. They are just putting in their time without giving any thought to individuals and how they are progressing and quite frankly it is 'blah blah blah' day after day if you can understand what that does to a burgeoning intelligent young mind. The OP likes reading, articulates well in his post and explains what his needs are so what he is reading, his interests are giving him credit.

Rounag, can your parents afford to send you to a private school in India ? That is the only suggestion I can make which will give you what you want.