Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Sports Collectibles (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   Nolan ryan Baseball Card (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=5393)

• Jun 22, 2004, 09:43 AM
    sport14692
    Nolan ryan Baseball Card
    >:( :( :o

I have a nolan ryan rookie card. My friend wants to buy it from me for $600.00 but I have been told that it is worth $1250.00. Please help me out on this problem.

:P :D
  • Nov 28, 2005, 10:18 PM
    lylcoop
    Don't
    Hey Sport,

Don't do it.
    Don't do it until you ask around, read enough info on pricing, call enough shops, and get all the advice you can.

But do nothing until you know exactly how much this card is worth.

You'll regret letting it go, especially if you find out it was worth 10 times what you "gave" it away for. Get a Beckett price guide online and do a search. A Nolan Ryan Rookie must be worth a whole lot.

It is a Nolan Ryan Rookie for cryin' out loud! :D

Best of luck to you,
    lylcoop
  • Jan 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
    bubba_markum_lewis
    If it is a 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie that is not graded, it is worth $600 in the Beckett. That is if it is in good condition. I have two of them. Does that help a little?
  • Jan 30, 2006, 07:26 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sport14692
    >:( :( :o

I have a nolan ryan rookie card. My friend wants to buy it from me for $600.00 but I have been told that it is worth $1250.00. please help me out on this problem.

:P :D

Of course condition and who the card manufactor makes a difference.

next of course value is only and always just a guide. Finding someone to buy cards at book value has always been an issue for me. Dealers say that is what they sell them for, so they want to buy at reduced ( very reduced prices) And in selling I almost never get offered book value on any cards I have sold.

So do you need the money, if not keep the card, most likely they will go up in value ( unless someone finds 10000 of them in a warehouse somewhere.)
  • Mar 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
    fordpower617
    Hey guys I have a ? For you all... I have a nolan ryan 1992 classic best autograhe card and I didn't know how much it is worth so can you help me out there buds:confused:
  • Jul 8, 2007, 05:31 PM
    deano9
    I noticed you asked this question in 2004. As of 2007 (July) $600 would be a good price for a Nolan Ryan rookie card. I would go for that $600 price now if you haven't sold it yet. I have a NR rookie card that has ink on the back that no one will take. I was told I could get between $300 and $600 for a NR rookie card today without blemishes.
  • Jan 24, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Cassidys Cards
    We have two Nolan Ryan ROOKIE Cards for sale. Both have been professionally authenticated and graded by PSA - The leader in sportscard authentication and grading.

One is graded PSA 4.5 VERY GOOD - EXCELLENT PLUS condition. We're asking $239.00 for that one.

The other is graded PSA 4 VERY GOOD - EXCELLENT condition. We're asking $225.00 for that card.

Prices are delivered and we pay the cost for insurance and delivery confirmation on the package to ensure the card's safe and guaranteed arrival.

Our ads for these cards can be found on our website - CASSIDYS SPORTSCARDS (you can Google our name to find it).

Hope this helped!
  • Jan 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
    Clough
    Hi, Cassidys Cards!

This is the very old and now archived thread of someone else. Since it's not generally visible here any more, unless someone happens to notice it in this forum topic area or, is notified because there's activity on it because they've already posted to the thread, it's not going to really be noticed that much, if at all on this site.

This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does.

Plus, this isn't a site where you can just solicitate and advertise. So, please don't do that anymore. There are other sites that are free that can be used for that purpose.

Thanks!