Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Internet & the Web (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Images won't load PLEASE HELP! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=13256)

• Oct 1, 2005, 02:02 PM
    jasonbranson
    Images won't load PLEASE HELP!
    Not all images on Yahoo.com, Cnet.com and other sites aren't loading? HAs anyone else had this problem. When I right-click the placeholder where the image should be it says the image is at i.i.com.com or us.a1.yimg.com and they won't load. Please help!
  • Oct 1, 2005, 02:49 PM
    Chery
    Was this always so, if not try clicking on 'tools' and then 'reset web settings'.

Did you just install something that is internet related, if so it might have changed your settings, or even an antispam app or firewall can change things.

If this does not work, then use the recovery utility and go back a few days to when your explorer showed all the images correctly. It's annoying and has happened to me often also. Good Luck.:)
  • Oct 2, 2005, 03:59 AM
    fredg
    Not loading
    HI,
    At the top at any website, click on Tools, then Internet Options.
    Click on the Security tab. Then, make sure the Internet icon is highlighted.
    Left click on it to highlight it. Then at the bottom, click on the Custom Level button.
    At the bottom of that window, click on the down arrow to Reset to Medium, then click on Apply and OK.
    That might be the problem is your Internet Security has been set to High.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
  • Oct 2, 2005, 04:15 AM
    Chery
    Thanks fred, I forgot about that one, and as usual, you come to the rescue!

;)
  • Oct 2, 2005, 05:40 AM
    fredg
    Rescue
    Hi,
    Thanks for the compliment, Chery. I hope it works!
    fredg
  • Oct 2, 2005, 07:28 AM
    Chery
    It did for me, just too far back for me to have remembered it right away. Darned age and illness with heavy med can do that sometimes. :p
  • Dec 5, 2008, 10:57 PM
    DaveOz

I have a question and can't seem to figure out how to post it... so I'll just ask it here... I have Firefox and the browser won't show full formatted pages on ANY website including this one. I've erased EVERYTHING off my hard drive and reinstalled the software from the original discs... some links won't show up but if you drag the cursor across where they SHOULD be it turns into a pointer... how do I fix this problem?
  • Dec 5, 2008, 10:57 PM
    DaveOz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveOz View Post
    I have a question and can't seem to figure out how to post it...so i'll just ask it here...I have Firefox and the browser won't show full formatted pages on ANY website including this one. I've erased EVERYTHING off of my hard drive and reinstalled the software from the original discs...some links won't show up but if you drag the cursor across where they SHOULD be it turns into a pointer...how do I fix this problem?

:confused: