Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Hobbies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   What are your hobbies? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=212270)

• May 3, 2008, 05:20 PM
    teh threat
    What are your hobbies?
    I LOVE video games, not just playing them, but reading about them and understanding them and their culture. However, videogames aren't socially acceptable. When Im playing my Xbox 360 my parents always look at me bad like Im supposed to be doing something more important and I always feel bad when friends walk in on me playing games--it makes me feel like I have no life. My gaming habits are in control, its not like Im some sort of World of Warcraft or Everquest player, but I'd like to branch out into other things and expand my pallet of interests. SO!.

What are your hobbies?
  • May 3, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    I collect coins, target shoot, and fish.
  • May 3, 2008, 05:29 PM
    teh threat
    Ah yes, fishing. I enjoy the act of fishing more than catching fish. Any others?
  • May 3, 2008, 05:46 PM
    albear
    Playing video games isn't bad, people can make a very good living from just playing games as well as making them
    Model building and cycling are a couple of my hobbies also just getting into airsofting
  • May 5, 2008, 06:37 AM
    frangipanis
    I started life drawing classes again recently, go to the gym a lot, swim in summer, do yoga exercises, and scrabble (delicious word finds like DIPLOZOA, CHURROS, BALISTAS). I read truck-loads of multicultural fiction, poetry and non-fiction in the past ~ and loved it at the time!

A lot of people think scrabble is as boring as bat-poop. I'm good at anagrams and enjoy matching wits with someone across a table in a game requiring skill. I enjoy the conversations that can be had. It's fun and satisfying.

I play chess too. I'm just not that good at it, even though I often win against friends ;)

Whatever you do, do it with passion. If you love everything about video games including wanting to know and understand their cultural origins, that's great! I dabbled in studying Japanese popular culture, Asian film and literature, which I thought was fascinating. I imagine finding out about video games would be just as interesting.
  • Jun 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
    wizz83
    I was into building model cars and trucks for years but had to give it up cause I now rent a small house with no room so I took up r/c drifting and now I'm addicted
  • Jun 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
    progunr
    Anything outdoors, cook-outs with a real fire, no charcoal or propane, hiking, mild climbing at our age (the wife and I), photography, target shooting, sports memorabilia, and roller coasters.
  • Jul 5, 2008, 12:40 AM
    Clough
    Since I am entirely self-employed, most of what I do is directed at making a living for myself. Although, there are a few things that I do for fun. One would be flower and vegetable gardening. Another one would be that I am a collector of things, particularly antiques or things that just interest me because they might fit into the décor that I have in my home or might be useful or monetarily valuable someday.
  • Jul 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
    0rphan
    Gardening, like to see things grow, decorating (not that I have much time for it) after it's done, collect teapots and dolls, football, people, radio chat shows, mainly Talk sport.
  • Aug 12, 2008, 06:08 PM
    mybaseballcards
    I collect baseball cards
  • Sep 3, 2008, 12:30 AM
    ambyr
    I make little soldiers out of play doh I'm recreating the battle of helms deep from the lord of the rings people put me down though because I'd rather do that then go drinking
  • Sep 9, 2008, 05:32 PM
    liz28
    I like to put toy models car together. Also, I enjoy making clothes. I love video games especially Madden and play with my boyfriend a lot.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Swagga

I like to scrapbook, and make cards.
  • Oct 14, 2008, 07:40 AM
    amricca

Just get some exercise before you sit down to play some video games, I feel guilty too sometimes like I'm wasting time, but if I go for a bike ride or a run first at least I can say I got some exercise and just want to chill now.
  • Oct 15, 2008, 11:32 AM
    amanda-kym

My nintendo wii, and kickboxing. I find computer games are not too bad and only become aproblem when they are all you do. I like to play mine (I also like halo on the xbox) while recovering from kickboxing lol
  • Nov 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
    forthlingrove
    I build scale autos & trucks. I'm also a big Beatles fan so I collect a lot of Beatle things.:D
  • Dec 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
    feddy101
    Beekeeping. It’s really fun and satisfying, plus you get honey. :D
  • Dec 29, 2008, 11:57 PM
    shatriya

I love to play guitar, so my hobby is to make music, new tunes.
  • Feb 12, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Yellow_montu

My hobbies are Rollercoasters / Theme parks in general hence the name montu (not just egyptian but also a coaster at busch gardens tampa as it was) Egyptian mythology, weather, tap dancing and latch hook
  • Feb 13, 2009, 02:08 PM
    LearningAsIGo

I make and sell jewelry

Camp, hike, fish, read, watch movies :)