Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   My boyfriend acts like I don't exist? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=616215)

• Dec 1, 2011, 04:01 PM
    softballgirl113
    My boyfriend acts like I don't exist?
    Till about 2 months ago everything was fine between me and my boyfriend, then he started to change. I remember when he used to get mad if you didn't kiss him or hug him before you left school,I remember when he used to say I love you in class randomly everyday, I used to be his everything and he was mine... but now he's a different person.

He barely looks at me anymore. I can't remember the last time we hugged or kissed or even talked he like glance at me once in a while but for like 2 seconds... and what makes it worse 2 days ago this girl has been flirting with him... talking to him, laughing and smiling at him kicking him playfully... it just breaks my heart and makes me mad because he will be talking to her while he acts like I don't exist... I want my old boyfriend back! I still love him so much but he doesn't love me... do you think I should try to make it work, or break up with him?
  • Dec 1, 2011, 06:51 PM
    mmresd
    Have you spoke about how you feel about his actions. Ask him why he is acting this way, if he opens up, recognizes the problem, and maybe come up with a plan to fix things then stick together, if not, then break up. There is no reason to stay with someone who shows no interest in you, it is obvious that your need for attention is much higher than the amount he is willing to offer you.
  • Dec 1, 2011, 07:01 PM
    vanheart
    I agree.
    Communicating is everything.

Its easy to have expectations.

What are yours? What are you bringing?

Maybe he wants to keep his options open. Don't blame a guy for that.
    Maybe you should do the same.
  • Dec 1, 2011, 10:39 PM
    talaniman
    Why haven't you asked him "whats up with you"?

Why put up with bad disrespectful behavior, and not question it to his face?
  • Dec 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
    amicon
    Talk to him;unless you ask him what's going on,you might never know.

If he wants to break up with you, you're better off knowing asap.
  • Dec 2, 2011, 06:36 AM
    geminichick
    I think it would be wise to talk to him and ask him what's going on with him? Being in a relationship is about communicating together. For me personally everything that vanheart said is spot dead on right.He is young and he needs to keep his possibilities open and is pretty young for a committed relationship. If he is not interested in being with you than it's better that you both split up. What's the point in being with someone that doesn't want to be with you anymore. It's a waste of your time and energy when there is someone else you can be with that you can enjoy spending time with and having fun with.
  • Dec 2, 2011, 01:56 PM
    softballgirl113
    I might just break up with him because we don't do anything with each other anymore... I asked him today if he still liked me... he said yes but I don't believe him... I mean if he didn't like me he would break up with me right?
  • Dec 2, 2011, 02:43 PM
    talaniman
    Or he wants you to do it for him because he doesn't know how. How old is he?
  • Apr 16, 2012, 05:48 PM
    jade2443
    You should go to him and say why don't we talk and hang out at all
    Make sure you say it nice