Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Signature fraud (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=79709)

• Apr 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
    fou
    Signature fraud
    Hello everyone,

I work in this home improvement retail store as a Customer Service Manager. I supervise cashiers and help customers. We have to carry a set of keys which opens the change- cash- drawer. We also have to sign a book- key log book- to show when and who have the key during their work hours.

Couple weeks ago, one of the Customer Service Manager signed my name to the key log book without my permission. I was mad because it is a fraud and federal crime. I talked to Human Resources and the Store Manager about the situation and told them to put it in a writing. So, they just talked to that specific person to warn her. You can guess no writing. To me it is a integrity issue which will have to resolve with termination.

Yesterday, as of 04/04/2007, another Customer Service Manager signed my name on the key log book. However I found out on 04/05/2007. She admitted and behaved like it is not a big deal. I again talked to Human resources and she basically told me not a big deal. I left the store to go to home and called the Store Manager about it again. He told me he will take care of it. His attitude was very rude on the phone as well as HRs.

I am wondering that what else those people signing my name on it or how many document they altered already. I do not feel comfortable or secure to work around that store anymore which is making me look for another job. I felt like I am violated and ripped out of my security and trust toward everyone I work with. I am sooo furious about it and I do not know what to do.

Do you have any advice for me? What kind of action should I take? Should I talk to a lawyer about it? Or Should I solve in store level? Do you have any similar cases about signature fraud? Anything?

All I want to do protect myself from any kind of damage. I do not like to be in no condition that will cost me to lose my mind or my freedom.

Thank you very much.
  • Apr 5, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Matt3046
    Why are they doing this?
  • Apr 6, 2007, 07:43 AM
    fou
    Hello,

I have no idea why they are doing it. I think they are thinking it is OK to sign everyone name on the document and altered. Or they just want to put me in trouble. Or they may be stealing money and trying not to caught. Any advice?

Thanks
  • Apr 6, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    Quit, if the company is allowing dishonest activity, quit and then find another job.

Ask to be reassigned to another store

Call the police and report the conterfieting of your name ( and fraud)

File a law suit against the store ( and stll look for a job since anyone that sues where they work normally don't for long)

Ask for the company to give you in writing that they don't care.
  • Apr 6, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Julie25
    Excellent advice Fr_Chuck... definately.