Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   CD & DVD Drives (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=481)
-   -   How doI get burned cds to play in my car (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=302184)

• Jan 11, 2009, 03:15 PM
    djholleman101
    How doI get burned cds to play in my car
    My burned cd will not play in my car... I would like to know how to transfer the format so that they will play
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Curlyben
    You need to remember to finalise or close them.

I assume you are using an audio cd producing program and not simply burning as data.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:18 PM
    twinkiedooter

When you find out the answer, tell me as I have scads of CD's that have audiobooks on them that I would like to listen to. Ever since Sept and I had to reformat my machine I have not been able to burn any cd's and play them in my car. Before Sept anything that I have burned works just dandy. Can't figure it out either and I've tried numerous cd audio burner software to boot! This is very frustrating to me as I'm a little tired of listening to the same old books over and over again.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:19 PM
    twinkiedooter
    Curlyben - I DO finalize the discs but they still don't play in my car either! I am using the same brand blank CD's also as I did before September.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:41 PM
    djholleman101

The cds are cd-rw and I am burning them as audio but the files are mp3
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:44 PM
    djholleman101
    Burning the burn process it says that it is finalizing but do I have to do else to finalize
  • Jan 11, 2009, 03:47 PM
    twinkiedooter

Try using the CD-R's instead. That's what I used prior to September and they worked just great. My car's CD system works OK on the ones I burned prior to September so I know it's okay at that end. I don't think the CD-RW's are for car CD playback.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 04:53 PM
    KISS

And don't use Sony CD's.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 05:15 PM
    Gregisteredtrademark

Double check the disc in your computer, when you open up the disc make sure they are not recorded as mp3 files on the disc.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djholleman101 View Post
    the cds are cd-rw and i am burning them as audio but the files are mp3

Then you have to be positive that your car audio player decodes mp3s. Otherwise it's a case of not all players can read CDRWs.
  • Jan 11, 2009, 06:09 PM
    seahwk83

If you are burning music files other than cda files and your car cd player does not support mps or wma you would need to convert the music files to .cda format which will play in any CD player

If your car stereo can play mp3 files and does not play them, still convert them to cda format and you should not have a problem playing in any CD player

here is a free one
    Leapic Audio CD Burner Free is a all-in-one CD burning software that helps you to create audio CDs from your favorite MP3, WMA or WAV files. Then you can play them in your regular stereo or car CD player! You may choose to burn 74 or 80-minute audio CDs on either 74-minute or 80-minute CD-R/CD-RW discs. There is no need to convert to WAV and your CD is burned directly.

How To Get Free Cd Burner | Leapic Audio CD Burner Free reviews and free downloads

I personally use Deep Burner Pro for this task but above free software should work out for you