Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Adoption (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Looking for my biological parents (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=140359)

• Oct 13, 2007, 06:27 PM
    k0silv01
    Looking for my biological parents
    I have been looking for my biological parents for almost ten years now. My birth name is Kira Lively. My birthparent's names are James and Kathleen Lively. I have one brother and one sister, Joseph and Jessica.
    I was placed into foster care when I was nine years old and adopted when I was twelve years old.
    I have spent so much money and still have not gotten the answers that I am looking for. All I have ever gotten is well, they could be here or they could be there. I have been told that my father is in Indiana, and my mother is in Nebraska. I cannot find any information on my sister at all.
    The adoption was a closed adoption. I sent in signed papers to release my information, but I really don't know what that means.
    Can anyone tell me where I would need to go, or where to start looking?
  • Oct 13, 2007, 09:19 PM
    kateykat16
    Quote:

Originally Posted by k0silv01
    I have been looking for my biological parents for almost ten years now. My birth name is Kira Lively. My birthparent's names are James and Kathleen Lively. I have one brother and one sister, Joseph and Jessica.
    I was placed into foster care when I was nine years old and adopted when I was twelve years old.
    I have spent so much money and still have not gotten the answers that I am looking for. All I have ever gotten is well, they could be here or they could be there. I have been told that my father is in Indiana, and my mother is in Nebraska. I cannot find any information on my sister at all.
    The adoption was a closed adoption. I sent in signed papers to release my information, but I really don't know what that means.

Do you know your parents or siblings middle names? What is yours? It would be a lot easier to find them if you knew. You can go to Yahoo people search, I found my family that way.
  • Oct 14, 2007, 09:44 AM
    k0silv01
    My name is Kira Silvers. My biological name was Kira Ann Lively, DOB 4/7/84. My adopted name was Kira Lynn Norton. I was married in 2002, and it then became Kira Howard. I was remarried last year, and it then became Kira Lynn Silvers.
    My paternal grandfather's name was Wilbur Pemberton Lively. My paternal grandmother's name was Erika Edith. My father's name is James Wilbur Lively (DOB 9-16-62), and my mother's name is Kathleen Marie(?) Lively(DOB 3-1-62). My brother's name is Joseph Michael Lively(DOB 5-2-85), and my sister's name is Jessica Marie Lively(DOB 8-30-88).
    I know that my father has at least one sisiter, Susan Lively Boner who lives in Trafalgar, Indiana. My grandfather had several siblings, but I am not sure of their names. I have an aunt and uncle that lived in Bellevue, Nebraska, but I do not know their names or their side of the relationship to me, whether it be maternal or paternal.
    My grandfather died several years ago, not too long after my cousin, Erika Boner. My grandfather's ashes were spread out in a town in Alaska, and Erika, I suppose, was buried in Trafalgar.
  • Oct 14, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    There are three James Lively in in Indiana, two of them have W as a middle initial,

James W & Katherine F Lively
    3141 Martha St
    Highland, IN 46322-2840

James Lively
    7771 S Chatham Ct
    Indianapolis, IN 46256-3472

James W & Rebecca A Lively
    7771 S Chatham Ct
    Indianapolis, IN 46256-3472

I have their phone numbers and will send them to private message if you have allowed PM, the first one seems to match fathers and mothers name
  • Oct 14, 2007, 11:36 PM
    k0silv01
    The first one, is not the correct name for my mother. Her name is Kathleen. The James Lively in Indianapolis, I have contacted him but he says he is not my father. However, when I looked him up on the internet (paid) this address is the one that I keep getting. This name and address even shows known relations to my mother and brother.
    I have not been able to find any information on my sister, at all. I was wondering if she might have been adopted also, and I not know about it. I am also wondering if my mother and father might have divorced. According to the records I got when I paid for them, her last known address was in Bellevue, Nebraska and Tampa, Florida. But for my father, it doesn't list the same addresses.
    I am almost certain that the James Lively in Indianapolis is my father. My father was on the Indiana Sex Offender Registry, and right before he was taken off the registry, it showed the Chatham Street address as his legal residence.
    I just don't know where I can turn now. I am more interested in finding my mother and my siblings than finding my father. I don't think he wants me to find him.
  • Oct 17, 2007, 07:57 PM
    statictable
    I agree with you. Steer clear of dad and focus on your mother, brother and sister. Check marriage records using your mother's name (Lively) and also her maiden name. Most larger cities have internet accessible marriage records. Good luck
  • Oct 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Keshia Snodgrass
    Quote:

Originally Posted by k0silv01

Have you ever tried canada411.com this might be stupid to ask but I just looked up their names and there are some replys I used Facebook to look for my sister and I got one reply, I'm still waiting on some more info... good luck
  • Oct 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
    acoston
    My younger sister and I are adopted. My parents stayed involved via letters, but not with my little sister. Eventually my parents hired a private investigator t find her parents. I am not sure how much it cost but it was a chunk. However... the situation didn't turn out well.

I would only use an investigator if worst comes to worst. They can be expensive.