Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Business Plans (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Start my own business (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=623)

• Jan 14, 2003, 02:17 PM
    rosi614
    Start my own business
    Hi Experts
    Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes.

Does anyone know where I can go for help.

• Jan 20, 2003, 12:24 PM
    kkemper
    Start my own business
    Your industry has undergone many changes in the last 10 years. Care homes
    Have many names but You likely qualify for one IF you can get a certified nurse
    To visit your site, have room for 1-6 beds, and get liability insurance plus attend
    Your state's mini course for home health care givers.

Contact your state dept of health and your county and your city and one of them
    Regulates this new facility/occupation. My neighbor has had one for 12 years.
    [she nets $1,000 a week per patient]
  • Jan 20, 2003, 12:49 PM
    rosi614
    Start my own business
    Hi, thanks for answering ! I am a certified Nurse Assistant. What I would like to do is visit my patients as needed in their homes, and get paid for services rendered. I attend a church where many seniors attend and I know they always need assistance. I would love to help them I just don't know where to start. I definitely like to do all this the right way, legally that is, pay taxes... And I wonder what type of City license do I require for a home business like this. The best part is setting my own hours since I have small children at home. Your help is greatly appreciated :)
  • Jan 20, 2003, 01:31 PM
    kkemper
    Start my own business
    Whether caring in your home, a new home you run OR going to another's home,
    Ask the same bodies I mentioed in my response! Do the biz plan last.

Get licensed to perform this service.
  • Jan 20, 2003, 03:24 PM
    rosi614
    Start my own business
    Thanks for your help!
  • Jan 20, 2003, 06:50 PM
    kkemper
    Start my own business
    Welcome
  • Sep 9, 2005, 04:16 PM
    steve84s
    Help
    A great start would be to join the N.A.S.E. (The National Association for the Self Employed) They are a non profit organization that was created by self employed people just like yourself in 1981. They can help you get your business started and help you even write off your health insurance premiums, prescriptions, and over the counter drugs on your taxes. Call the Atlanta Based Office at 678-789-8403
  • Apr 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
    komanemt
    Hi Experts
    Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes.

Does anyone know where I can go for help.

Thanks