Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Small Business (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   Dealership Cleaning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=719422)

• Nov 27, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Hospitality
    Dealership Cleaning
    I have a commercial cleaning company in Gulf Shores Al. and am having trouble bidding a 5000 sq ft dealership 10 offices, break room , 3 bathrooms a break room. And a showroom. I need to know how much to charge for a once a month clean. Also I know how to charge for a five day a week month .15 .25 x square foot? But how would you break it down for once a week, twice a week and so on? I guess I am trying to figure out how to figure a rate increase for less days a month rather than five days a week, Thanks Hoping to get a response from stringer
  • Nov 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Stringer
    Hi Hospitality, how are you?

In my opinion I suggest that you do it this way;

Take the total cleanable sq ft times the rate per sq ft that you want to use, this will give you your monthly total.

Then take that monthly total times 12 months for an annual figure, then divide that annual figure by the times (days, weeks or per month) that you are cleaning.

For example; say that your annual figure is $250,000.00 and you are cleaning 5 days/week. Broken down that is 261 days per year. Divide the $250,000.00 by the 261 days and you arrive at your daily price of $957.85.

Annualize it always and divide back for your breakout.

The same woks no matter how many days per week or month that you perform your service.

Hope this helps,

Stringer
  • Nov 28, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Hospitality
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Hi Hospitality, how are you?

IMHO I suggest that you do it this way;

Take the total cleanable sq ft times the rate per sq ft that you want to use, this will give you your monthly total.

Then take that monthly total times 12 months for an annual figure, then divide that annual figure by the times (days, weeks or per month) that you are cleaning.

For example; say that your annual figure is $250,000.00 and you are cleaning 5 days/week. Broken down that is 261 days per year. Divide the $250,000.00 by the 261 days and you arrive at your daily price of $957.85.

Annualize it always and divide back for your breakout.

The same woks no matter how many days per week or month that you perform your service.

Hope this helps,

Stringer

Thanks for the quick response! Let me see I I have this right.
    I have a 5000 sqft building and am charging .16 sqft multiply = 800 monthly then multiply times 12 = 9600 annually and since it is only one clean a month it would be $800 for a monthly clean? Sounds expensive! Let me know if I am figuring correctly? Or would I just up the rate .16- .25 sqft or something like that?
  • Nov 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Stringer
    The method is correct. Simply annualize and divide by the number of days of your service.

Stringer
  • Dec 3, 2012, 06:42 PM
    Hospitality
    Thank you very much. I did get the job. I also have some leads on a few churches and am kina confused how to bid beacause I know they have more things to dust and clean than a normal business. Do you have any formula for that or do I bid the same or bump up the price per square foot? Thanks
  • Dec 3, 2012, 07:25 PM
    Stringer
    How often do you clean it, once per week?

Stringer
  • Dec 3, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Hospitality
    The job will be three times a week for the churches. I also have some condos to bid on for cleanings as needed I have done residential but do not know how to price as a whole for doing laundry beds fridge etc...
  • Dec 3, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Stringer
    If the density of the space being cleaned is above average and you have special things to do such as polishing brass (use Brasso) then you need to perform a time study.

Time study: take an area and or a special project and determine how long it will take to do everything in the space, then take another area, etc Until you do the total space. This will give you an idea of approximately how long it will take to clean those areas properly.

After you finish this for the whole job you will have your labor hours. Take those hours, and your total costs (taxes, supplies, equipment, overhead, admin, profit, etc) and you have the total price for a one time cleaning, Divide the total sq ft by that figure to arrive at you sq ft price.

You can test this by starting at a fair price per sq ft times the total sq ft. Then increase or decrease that price per sq ft to compare with the previous price you arrived at from the hour concept.

Then do as I mentioned above to arrive at a monthly price.

Stringer
  • Jan 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Hospitality
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    If the density of the space being cleaned is above average and you have special things to do such as polishing brass (use Brasso) then you need to perform a time study.

Time study: take an area and or a special project and determine how long it will take to do everything in the space, then take another area, etc Until you do the total space. This will give you an idea of approximately how long it will take to clean those areas properly.

After you finish this for the whole job you will have your labor hours. Take those hours, and your total costs (taxes, supplies, equipment, overhead, admin, profit, etc) and you have the total price for a one time cleaning, Divide the total sq ft by that figure to arrive at you sq ft price.

You can test this by starting at a fair price per sq ft times the total sq ft. Then increase or decrease that price per sq ft to compare with the previous price you arrived at from the hour concept.

Then do as I mentioned above to arrive at a monthly price.

Stringer

Been busy thanks for the help. I have a meeting with an agent next week and want to llok like I know what I am talking about, I have a lot of experience but need to look like I know more about pricing the condos before I go! Is there an average price per square foot in the Gulf Shore area? I know prices for businesses but the condos are very different having to do laundry dishes etc... just didn't know if there was an average to start from so I have some sort of figure. Really can't test before I go. Maybe if not, is there an average hourly rate I should charge per sq foot in condos with all the extras I would have to do I don't know where to even start? Thanks
  • Jan 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Stringer
    I cannot speak to your specific area except to say that urban cleaning usually is a bit more than suburban.

You have to try to get a feel for hour much you can accomplish in one hour first, then how many hours it will take to complete the job. This isn't always easy, I know, but if pressed I would suggest that with the extras that you will have to do I would go with around $25 to $28 per hour. Honestly this is just a guess based upon what I think it would take, if you want to 'bump' that rate it is your choice.

And as always, the final decision in pricing is always yours this is only a suggestion.

Good luck,

Stringer