Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Politics (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Hillary Clinton votes for WAR with the Iranians now? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=151187)

• Nov 12, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Duckling
    Hillary Clinton votes for WAR with the Iranians now?
    Hilary Clinton wants to go to war with Iran? I thought she was against war?

YouTube - Hillary Clinton Believes War With Iran Would Be Funny

And why is she saying that every Republican supports the current War on Iraq?
    YouTube - * HILLARY CLINTON FLAT OUT LIES AT THE JUNE 3RD CNN DEBATE *
  • Nov 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Dark_crow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckling
    Hilary Clinton wants to go to war with Iran? I thought she was against war?

YouTube - Hillary Clinton Believes War With Iran Would Be Funny

The vote was for an air strike against facilities for making illegal weapons, not war. The same thing that Israel recently did in Syria.
  • Nov 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
    speechlesstx
    Actually, the vote was for the Kyl-Lieberman amendment, that the United States should designate the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps as a foreign terrorist organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and place the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps on the list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists. The amendment passed 76-22.

Quote:

Lieberman explained, “I thought it was so direct, factual, based on evidence the U.S. military has given us of the involvement of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps in training and equipping Iraqi extremists who… have been responsible for the killing of hundreds of American soldiers.”

Chuckling a bit, apparently in disbelief, Lieberman asked, “How can you vote against a request that the administration impose economic sanctions on a group that the U.S. military has presented us ample evidence is a terrorist group killing American soldiers?”
  • Nov 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
    speechlesstx
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    That’s what I get for not researching…gulp

It happens :D
  • Nov 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Choux
    Hillary Clinton is the Democratic candidate who will follow Bush's foreign policies re: oil and related matters ONLY ADD WITH INTELLIGENCE AND COMPETENCE.

A vote for Hillary is a vote to continue Bush's policies plus savoir faire. She's no lilberal.
  • Nov 12, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Duckling
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Actually, the vote was for the Kyl-Lieberman amendment, that the United States should designate the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps as a foreign terrorist organization under section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and place the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps on the list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists. The amendment passed 76-22.

Oh yes, this was when we declaired the revolutionary guard of a country, as a terrorist Organization. This was done with zero evidence and was based purely on theory again. This is similar to the Marines being classified as terrorists, which is what I think was done to us in response.