Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Music (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Musical instrument advertising (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=103010)

• Jun 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
    UsBlkgal
    Musical instrument advertising
    How should I go about inexpensive (free is even better for now) advertising that will attract band instrument repair jobs and to sell completely overhauled horns?
  • Jun 20, 2007, 07:58 PM
    excon
    Hello Us:

Go buy a book (yes it's in paperback) called Guerilla Marketing. It was written for people like you and it will give you a jillion free (or mostly free) ways to attract business.

excon
  • Jun 20, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Clough
    The following is part of the response to your other question that I just answered.

I will assume that you are in the U.S. There are a number of excellent sites on the Internet where you can advertise for free. Most notably,
    craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

(To use Craigslist, you just find and post on the one that is near you.)

USA - cliQs.com

Everything from Everywhere

DomesticSale - The Effective Free Classifieds

Free Classifieds Ads - Internet Advertising to Sell Online

Vast.com - Search All The Classifieds On The Web

PennySaverUSA Classifieds Online: Local ads in California

Free Classifieds - FinditClassifieds.com

Oodle.com Classifieds - Search local online classifieds

BuySellCommunity Classifieds - Buy & Sell Locally : Free Online Classifieds

Free Classifieds @ Adpost.com

Free Classifieds, Free Ads, Free advertisement, Business Opportunity

Free Classifieds - FinditClassifieds.com

Free Advertising, Free Classifieds, Free Classified Ads, Free Ads, Classified Ads, Free Classified, Bulk Email Advertising, Opt In Email Marketing Services, Email Lists, Classified, Free Ad, Advertising Free, Classifieds, Classified Ad, Free Classifi

And, there are others. Just do a Google search for free online classifieds and you will see what I mean.

You could also get involved in some of the blogspots that are out there and advertise your business.

I have been doing online advertising for well over two years now. Most of my business comes from people responding to my online advertising. I have never spent a cent for it. If you do a Google search, or a search on any search engine for that matter, for Clough Quad Cities you will see what I mean.

It could work for you also. If you see how I have worded my ads, you will know how to word yours. I get more results from my online ads then I do from the Yellow Pages. Although, I still have Yellow Page ads, because some people still do not have a computer and the Yellow Pages, for some people, is going to be the first place that they look.

This site that we are on right now gets excellent coverage on the Internet. Some sites don't. You have to go to the sites themselves to find what you are looking for. Even though this site is not to be used for advertising, as an example of how easy and powerful it is to advertise on the Internet, my typing in right now, Clough Piano Tuning, in a few days should be showing up in searches on the first couple of pages of a search if people use those words. Mind you, I haven't really just now used this place for advertising because I haven't included any contact information.

Please keep in mind when advertising on the Internet, that people aren't going to be looking for your name or the name of your business for your service. They are going to be looking for what you do and where you are.

I don't know where you live, but I'll pretend that you live in Rock Island, IL. You could title an ad like this in order to draw people to your ad. Band Instrument Repair, Rock Island, IL. Musical Instruments in Rock Island, IL. Music Repair Shops, Rock Island, IL. Etc.

Don't be afraid to put any personal contact information on the Internet. People need your email address, phone number and physical address. I have never had any problems with this. You will get bogus responses from time to time. But, they are harmless. Just never respond to them. Most of the time they are just looking to make sure that your email address is legit so that they can spam you with something else.

I wish you much success with your band instrument repair service! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to give me a holler!
  • Jul 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
    UsBlkgal
    As always, you are so far above the rest. I have been reading all sorts of customer service books that you would be surprised then here you come with the shortest (shorter than a book) information and it is the best!

My husband and his apprentice read your last answer and were blown away that someone who does not even know us could just give us the advice that we really needed.

Thanks again. You're the greatest.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 09:19 PM
    Clough
    Hey, thanks! You're welcome, again! I'm always glad to help. And, I especially like supporting anything in the arts. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

It is rare that I find someone on this site who shares the same heart concerning music and entrepreneurship in a similar way that I do. So, I really appreciate being able to share things with people who are of a "kindred spirit!"
  • Sep 30, 2011, 03:30 AM
    jackls204
    It's a best news and keep going in the same manner. Thanking you for this great information. http://www.indonesiaflyers.com/