Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   My elementary school sweetheart (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=52497)

• Jan 5, 2007, 08:07 AM
    emilieharris
    My elementary school sweetheart
    Ok, So my elementary school sweetheart pops back into my life about every 5 years. When we were kids we had a crush on each other but we did the usual kid things, he picked on me and I was mean in return. Both of our mothers are close friends so over the years of us not seeing each other and dating other people we would always hear stuff about each other threw our parents. And every time I would hear anything I would melt inside. So we turned around the age of 12 and my family moved out of the neighborhood. I got older and moved out of state, to a few different sates and so did my sweetheart. About five years had past and I was around 17 or 18 and we had both moved back to our home town and heard each other was back threw our moms and I decided to call him. I had a boyfriend of 3 years at the time. I saw him and melted again. We were kids again, but we thought we were so in love with each other, just it was unspoken. We hung around each other for about a month and then lost touch and went our separate ways. Now 6 years later I hear he is back in our home town again and I live only about 70 miles from home. I look him up and send him a surprise email. Only to find out he was looking for me to. He had went and saw my mother to find out were I was. Now we are older, both have careers, I am in the Navy so I get sent every were and he has his work that makes him travel as well. So he responds to my email and calls me within about 20 minutes after I send it. He drives down 70 miles to see me. It's like we are kids again, but we are grown up and can communicate better. We go out for dinner and then some drinks. Still in our sober state, he says out of the blue " Emily, I have been in love with you since I was eight years old and I am still in love with you to this day". I respond with " I have been in love with you since I was eight as well, I can't believe I am hearing this. So that night we spend the whole night telling each other how much we missed each other, oh yah and at this point neither one of us have a partner for the first time. So We end up have the best sex ever, lasts for hours and we can't stop kissing and telling each other what we both love about each other, we fall asleep with him holding me in his arms so tight. I have two children now, and he doesn't mind that at all and
    I am leaving in the Navy for some work coming up soon and he is sad to see me go, but he says, he has waited this long , he can wait a little longer. So I guess my question is should we start an actual relationship. I remember us as kids, I was his first crush and he annoyed me so much as boys do when you are little. But to this day every time I see or even hear his voice I melt away.
    Please tell me what you think I should do.
  • Jan 5, 2007, 08:17 AM
    yoursonlymine
    I think you two are already in a relationship together. You just don't know it
  • Jan 5, 2007, 08:19 AM
    LuK3
    Stay with him!!
  • Jan 5, 2007, 06:42 PM
    eternalxgrace
    :D yaaay! :) I agree with first response!
  • Jan 5, 2007, 08:10 PM
    ordinaryguy
    Go for it!
  • Jan 5, 2007, 09:41 PM
    shenda
    Be careful that you just don't have sex on the brains. Every one looks good in a two minute window. What I mean, can he truly handle the fact that you will be missing in action at any given time; is he that devoted to you that he can and will handle the fact that you will not be available to him when he may need/want you. I caution this relationship because you need to know what it is that he desires for the long haul, or is this just a manifestation of childhood crush consummated. Sometimes we lust after someone simply because of the image we created. Great sex is the result of many things, in your case, how long has it been. I just do not want you to be carried away by a moment of lustful passion because when reality hits, it shall shed light on what you truly have with him. Do you both want the same thing, are you willing to partner with one another to see the manifestations of your dreams and deisre. Can you walk in agreement with him, meaning the energy given to this relationship will profit you what, will proft him what... enjoy yourselves, but give much consideration to the heart of the relationship... is it something worth pursuing
  • Jan 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
    talaniman
    Why not check it out? Just go slow and have no fantasy expectations. A few dates can't hurt.
  • Jan 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
    chuff
    I think you both sound like your living out your fantasy. That's not to say it won't work but why not give it some time and see what happens after you become accustom to one another's day to day activities.