Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Is it illegal to date a 18 year old when your 13 years old? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=510220)

• Sep 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Lovebug1618
    Is it illegal to date a 18 year old when your 13 years old?
    We aren't really together together yet and he just turned 18. We are trying to figure out if its legal or not. We really like each other and have for a while.
  • Sep 23, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Curlyben
    Legal possibly, advisable defiantly NOT!!
    At 18 they would be classed as an ADULT and as such could end up in serious trouble dating a MINOR!!
  • Sep 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Kitkat22

What State or Country are you in? Any 18 year old guy who is interested in a 13 year old girl is a sexual predator and even though you may not have had sex he will talk you into it. Then he will go to jail and you will end up with a child or a disease or both. Trust me, he will go to Jail if you pursue this.
  • Sep 23, 2010, 05:28 PM
    ScottGem

There are no laws governing dating, the laws refer to sexual activity. But I can't imagine an 18 yr old being interested in a 13 yr old for anything but sex.

Have you asked your parents? Because if they don't allow it he can get in trouble by defying their wishes.
  • Sep 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Kitkat22

Love bug... I am not a Lawyer but I am a Mother. You are 13 years old and interested in an 18 year old. You are a child. Your body is still changing everyday. You are not emotionally equipped right now to make such a decision about something that is so important.

What do you have in common with him? You're in Middle School and he is either in High School or College. He has experience with older girls, you do not. You are taking a chance of ruining your life and his if you pursue this.

If you plan on going to High School and College one mistake can change all that. You also stand the chance of getting a bad reputation. Girls and boys talk among themeselves and don't think they won't say something.. They will.

When your parents find out, your Dad or Mom will be furious and they will take action. Your boyfriend stands the chance of
    Being confronted by your Dad or Mom.

Think about this before you go any further.
  • Oct 18, 2010, 05:34 PM
    fml666

I feel just like you LoveBug. Im 12 and I am dating (sorta) and 17 year old and we don't want to do anything sexual together because we both know that's wrong. He knows better to try to talk me into having sex because he knows if he does we will never speak to each other again. HE doesn't force me to do anything I don't want to do.
  • Oct 18, 2010, 06:03 PM
    ScottGem
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fml666 View Post
    I feel just like you LoveBug. Im 12 and I am dating (sorta) and 17 year old and we dont wanna do anything sexual together because we both know thats wrong. He knows better to try to talk me into having sex because he knows if he does we will never speak to eachother again. HE doesnt force me to do anything I dont wanna do.

And how long have you been "sorta" dating this boy? Do your parents know about this sort of dating?
  • Oct 18, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Enigma1999
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    And how long have you been "sorta" dating this boy? Do your parents know about this sorta dating?

Scott,

Her parents know, and she claims that Mother is OK with it, not her Father.