Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Very low pressure in bathtub faucet (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=801770)

• Sep 22, 2014, 05:26 PM
    kentaro
    Very low pressure in bathtub faucet
    Water dripping so I changed the hot and cold inner gadgets ( don't know what its called ) now the pressure is low on both hot and cold dials. I have faucet and shower. When I blow air in open hot side, air comes out on unrestricted coldwater side. But air is very restricted on top shower outlet and bottom faucet outlet. Is it plugged top and bottom? Hope I'm clear... bob

kentaro here, I bled the pipes,water shot out. But when cartridges are in with water on it still trickles out. I don't know but can there be a blockage of some sort?. ken

I'm a novice, inlet ports means the pipe that connects hot and cold that runs horizontal behind the wall? If so how do I flush it? Hope my explaining is clear... ken
  • Sep 23, 2014, 07:02 AM
    speedball1
    When you had everything apart did you turn the water back on for a minute to flush any trash that might be in your lines? Let me know, TRom

Shut the water off and open up the valve. Remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. ALWAYS flush the supplies and open valve body. Good luck, RTom
  • Sep 23, 2014, 05:39 PM
    ma0641
    Not very clear but will jump in and assume the inlet ports are those in a shower or faucet cartridge. They get plugged. Pull the cartridge, carefully flush the body and then make sure the small ports on the cartridge are open.

Do not post a new separate answer, just add to the original post or no one will be able to figure out to what you are referring.
  • Sep 23, 2014, 06:26 PM
    ballengerb1
    Speedball is our senior most plumbing expert here and I am sure he will see this Wednesday. By then maybe you can give more info. Is this a shower or what. Supply pipes in the wall can run any direction but when they connect to a valve we call that connection and inlet, so yes. Basically you shut off your main water service, remove the cartridge or stem, cover the opening with a tightly held towe. A second person opens and closes the main in5 seconds to flus out the pipe. However, more detail might tell us why you think flushing is in order.
  • Sep 23, 2014, 06:50 PM
    Milo Dolezal
    Can you tell us what plumbing fixture are you talking about ? Faucets ? Shower ? Tub ? Water heater ?

Back to you

Milo
  • Sep 23, 2014, 10:55 PM
    afaroo
    Yes need more information, Thanks.

John
  • Sep 24, 2014, 09:52 AM
    speedball1
    I have merged your threads. In the future use the edit button.
    Quote:

Shut the water off and open up the valve. Remove the cartridge and check and clean the inlet ports. ALWAYS flush the supplies and open valve body. Good luck, RTom
    I thought mt instructions were very clear. Inlet ports are in the cartridge. What part did you not understand? Tom