Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Addictions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415)
-   -   Hair follicle thc test (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=817981)

• Nov 6, 2015, 07:46 PM
    cnparker
    Hair follicle thc test
    I NEVER smoke now that I have kids and have become a responsible adult. But once my grandma was diagnosed with cancer I needed something to calm my nerves down. I smoked two joints within a two week time around September 20th (after my kids were in bed and asleep for the judgmental people). Maybe taking a couple hits here and there, I don't consider that a lot. BUT I have a hair follicle test coming up by the end of the week and need to know if the test is going to come out positive or negative. I have not smoked since then. And I honestly cant even tell you the last time I smoked before then because I NEVER do it. I don't want to be characterized as a drug abuser by the one stupid decision I made because I don't exactly know what I will do when my grandma passes away. PLEASE someone help me!
  • Nov 6, 2015, 08:47 PM
    smoothy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cnparker View Post
    I NEVER smoke now that I have kids and have become a responsible adult. But once my grandma was diagnosed with cancer I needed something to calm my nerves down. I smoked two joints within a two week time around September 20th (after my kids were in bed and asleep for the judgmental people). Maybe taking a couple hits here and there, I don't consider that a lot. BUT I have a hair follicle test coming up by the end of the week and need to know if the test is going to come out positive or negative. I have not smoked since then. And I honestly cant even tell you the last time I smoked before then because I NEVER do it. I don't want to be characterized as a drug abuser by the one stupid decision I made because I don't exactly know what I will do when my grandma passes away. PLEASE someone help me!

Sorry.but you DID smoke and really aren't a responsible adult if you turned to drugs or alcohol.

And yes I CAN be judgmental because Not only was my father diagnosed with cancer... I watched him slowly die from it. I didn't turn to Alcohol OR any drug to get past it... and Moms and Dads trump grandparents on the importance scale. Topped only by one of your own children.

There is a key thing here... you were subject to random testing.

So was this employment screening or because of parole or probation? It actually does matter.
  • Nov 6, 2015, 09:04 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    It will show up, but that small an amount most likely will not cause a failure. Depending on what the limits are
  • Nov 9, 2015, 07:21 AM
    mydogfifi
    It takes about 5-10 days for the hair to grow above the scalp so it can be harvested for hair drug testing. Some of it depends on how strong the marijuana was that was smoked. When the lab gets the 1.5 inch (90 day) segment they pulverize it into a powder then begin testing which means that little bit you smoked will be mixed with "cleaner" hair. Because of this I think you will be negative. That's my best non-judgmental guess.
  • Nov 9, 2015, 07:58 AM
    talaniman
    You should be okay as a few tokes on a joint may not even show up after a few months. The tests are designed to "weed" out habitual users and goes back 90 days. Whatever your reasons for toking I doubt they rise to the level habitual.

Hell that's not even casual.