Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Dating (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Please help!! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=846807)

• Nov 5, 2019, 04:40 PM
    electro_ty
    Please help!!
    Ok I have this crush on this girl. I’m also a girl, we are both 15, and are both bisexual. She knows I like her and we’ve hung out once before. She has said before she might date me if she got to know me better, which has led her to ask me questions about myself. But she likes a 19 year old girl who has already graduated our school, the 19 year old girl likes her back and it seems they are both willing to wait for each other. The girl I like doesn’t seem to understand a relationship like this couldn’t ever work. I feel like I’m getting mixed signals from this girl and I don’t wanna continue pursuing her if it means getting my heart broken. What should I do?!
  • Nov 5, 2019, 06:00 PM
    Wondergirl
    Why couldn't that relationship ever work?
  • Nov 5, 2019, 06:40 PM
    electro_ty
    Because of their age gap, plus the fact that one of the girls is closeted and the other is very publicly gay.
  • Nov 5, 2019, 06:43 PM
    Wondergirl
    Who is closeted? Who is very publicly gay? Age 19 or 29? Your question isn't clear regarding details
  • Nov 5, 2019, 06:51 PM
    electro_ty
    Sorry about not being very clear I just happen to be very busy at the moment, the girl I like is closeted and the older girl is openly gay.
  • Nov 5, 2019, 06:52 PM
    Wondergirl
    Who is 29?
  • Nov 5, 2019, 07:02 PM
    electro_ty
    The other girl that my crush likes is 19, going on 20 soon.
  • Nov 5, 2019, 07:11 PM
    Homegirl 50
    If the girl is in a relationship with someone else you should back off. It's up to her to decide if the relationship will work.
  • Nov 5, 2019, 07:11 PM
    Wondergirl
    I suggest you find other things to do instead of saying this relationship can't work. Otherwise, I suspect your heart will get broken.
  • Nov 5, 2019, 08:18 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    You can not convince anyone that it will not work, first it may. Age of 4 year difference may seem large now, (but really even at your age it is not much, more depends on maturity of each.

And in 5 or 6 years, that age difference means nothing. a 4 year age gap is more common.

There is no help, you can not change the way people feel about others
  • Nov 6, 2019, 08:23 PM
    echochen
    if you wanna happy,just find the one you like and he or she likes you too
  • Nov 7, 2019, 06:20 AM
    talaniman
    When your 15 you may start with intense feelings of attraction and romance, but chances are it's temporary, so have fun while it lasts and enjoy the experience. Like most good things in life though, when the THRILL of romance and those intense feelings of attraction fade away, it always breaks your heart. It's just dating, having fun getting to know each other and doing stuff, hanging out with someone you LIKE a lot. Not a lifetime commitment that requires a plan.

Relax, go with the flow and relish the good times With romance it's always a risk of hurt feelings and heart breaks, but that's just part of the stuff you have to deal with. The good news is broken hearts HEAL in time and you are ready eventually for the NEXT adventure life throws at you. ​Or the next intense feeling for someone, or something.

Be it romance or just friends you should always expect some degree of conflict or friction when two humans get together. Are you the emotional type or the more practical type of person? What about your crush? Opposites often attract. Is this your first romance, or intense attraction experience?