Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488)
-   -   What Was The First Song You ever Danced To With Your Spouse or Significant Other? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=484968)

• Jul 2, 2010, 10:07 PM
    Kitkat22
    What Was The First Song You ever Danced To With Your Spouse or Significant Other?
    I thought this might be a fun thread. Hope it will bring back good memories. I'll start... The first song my husband and I ever danced to was, "Chances Are" by Johnny Mathis. It's still our song. "Sleepwalk" was the second.:)
  • Jul 3, 2010, 04:01 AM
    cdad

When I got married "our" first song was Let it Be by the beatles. But looking back on things it maybe should have been Highway to Hell ;)
  • Jul 3, 2010, 04:46 AM
    shazamataz

V? Dance? Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Jul 3, 2010, 05:56 AM
    redhed35

Our first dance was not a slow dance,it was 'dead ringer for love' meatloaf and cher,I quickly discovered brendan dances like he's sparing with you,funny and lovable all in the one go.
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    When I got married "our" first song was Let it Be by the beatles. But looking back on things it maybe should have been Highway to Hell ;)

OMG... I'm LMAO:D
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    our first dance was not a slow dance,it was 'dead ringer for love' meatloaf and cher,i quickly discovered brendan dances like hes sparing with you,funny and lovable all in the one go.

Redhead35.. I can picture that:D
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:24 PM
    MrsNewfie
    We danced to Misty Blue by Ella Fitzgerald that was our first dance.. again last year when we renewed our wedding vows also :o)
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:32 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsNewfie View Post
    We danced to Misty Blue by Ella Fitzgerald that was our first dance .. again last year when we renewed our wedding vows also :o)

Love that song... Thank You:)
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:33 PM
    Clough
    Quote:

Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post

LOL! That was funny! :p
  • Jul 3, 2010, 10:57 PM
    Kitkat22

My Mom and Dad used to dance to... "Moonlight Becomes You" by Bing Crosby... I was barely six months old from what I'm told.
  • Jul 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
    kp2171
    my sig other is my ex...

our first dance was at a local blues bar. Live band. Don't remember the band. Don't remember the song.

do rememember the night. Take out fried chicken and korbel brut in the park to start. Wandered into the blues bar and proceeded to claim space on the too small dance floor.

I might not be the best dancer in my town... but I know this much.

girls, for the most part, like to dance.

girls, for the most part, are sexy as sin when they dance.

girls, for the most part, will dance with a boy who feigns a desire to dance when he really just wants her to dance.

I am the guy who is glad to go out with a bunch of buddies... split my time between dancing with their girls and sitting on my arse with them on the patio talking about cigars and guns and football.

honest truth... I like the dudes fine. But I love dancing with their girls. Girls just have another level of... whatthehell is it?. openness? Availability? Connection to dance?

whatever it is, I am charmed and allured by it.
  • Jul 3, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    my sig other is my ex...

our first dance was at a local blues bar. live band. dont remember the band. dont remember the song.

do rememember the night. take out fried chicken and korbel brut in the park to start. wandered into the blues bar and proceded to claim space on the too small dance floor.

i might not be the best dancer in my town... but i know this much.

girls, for the most part, like to dance.

girls, for the most part, are sexy as sin when they dance.

girls, for the most part, will dance with a boy who feigns a desire to dance when he really just wants her to dance.

i am the guy who is glad to go out with a bunch of buddies... split my time between dancing with their girls and sitting on my arse with them on the patio talking about cigars and guns and football.

honest truth... i like the dudes fine. but i love dancing with their girls. girls just have another level of... whatthehell is it???... openness? availability? connection to dance?

whatever it is, i am charmed and allured by it.

I knew you loved dancing.. I just knew it... Thanks.. Read Calif dads morning response. I spewed coffee all over my laptop when I read it.
  • Jul 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
    kp2171
    We danced to trisha yearwood singing dylan's make you feel my love.
  • Jul 4, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kp2171 View Post
    we danced to trisha yearwood singing dylan's make you feel my love.

Sweet!:)
  • Jul 7, 2010, 05:47 PM
    positiveparent

Jon Secada - Just Another Day.

Still sends shivers down my spine...
    SO and the song..
  • Jul 7, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by positiveparent View Post
    Jon Secada - Just Another Day.

still sends shivers down my spine....
    SO and the song..

Love John Secada... Thanks Positive!:)
  • Jul 7, 2010, 05:54 PM
    positiveparent

Its still "our song" too.

When our 4 year old hears it start up he says ohoh mummy and daddy you going to get all loveyups again now, OK stephen no look LOL awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so we all 3 dance..
  • Jul 7, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by positiveparent View Post
    Its still "our song" too.

My husbands favorite song... "Can't Help Falling In Love"... Elvis.

The grandkids think it's hilarious when we dance. We also two step.:eek:
  • Jul 11, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Aurora_Bell

Patience By GnR. My first dance, my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first ahem... he was shot at age 18. (four years after most of our firsts).
  • Jul 11, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Kitkat22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Patience By GnR. my first dance, my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first ahem... he was shot at age 18. (two years after most of our firsts).

I'm sorrry bella.