Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=136020)

• Oct 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
    jonnyskull
    Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title
    All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.
  • Oct 3, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Wondering Along
    Could this be from part of "Flight of the Navigator?" Or perhaps towards the end of "E.T.?"
  • Oct 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
    quiet1
    It sounds like "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" (based on a true story of a boy born with an immune deficiency. Could this be it?
  • Nov 21, 2007, 11:06 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by quiet1
    It sounds like "The Boy in the Plastic Bubble" (based on a true story of a boy born with an immune deficiency. Could this be it?

I was thinking the same thing...
  • Mar 3, 2008, 05:26 PM
    redbeard86
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyskull
    All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. please help me out if possible.

That sounds like (Flight of the Navigator).
  • Mar 3, 2008, 05:33 PM
    fixitmom
    Quote:

All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. please help me out if possible.

Sounds like flight of the navigator to me too. I love that movie.
  • May 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
    antjack1971
    There was a movie early 90's late 80's movie of a girl getting beat and a guy saved her to make a long story short they were setting him up.. in the end before it went off they showed her getting beat again atarting all over.
  • May 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Purukivel
    You should post your question in a separate thread because otherwise it can get overlooked.

However... your movie is Spellbinder from 1988.
  • Jun 1, 2008, 11:15 PM
    AGS1975
    Quote:

Sounds to me like E.T. The Boy in the Plastic Bubble ends with John Travolta leaving his "bubble" and riding a horse with a girl. Wonderful movie.
  • Jun 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
    melissa1978
    I am guessing Flight of the Navigator.
  • Oct 29, 2008, 06:42 PM
    azumi13

It sound like "flight of the navigator"
  • Dec 29, 2008, 06:40 AM
    ELDEANIO

Think this may be D.A.R.Y.L
  • Feb 26, 2009, 09:39 PM
    azumi13

I think "flight of the navigator"
  • Feb 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
    azumi13

Or D.A.R.Y.L
  • Nov 9, 2010, 12:12 AM
    chrlgarb
    I think this movie might have been called d.a.r.r.y.l
  • Dec 5, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Racer2012
    I was thinking ET as well because of the people in the white suits that movie freaked me out though
  • Feb 6, 2011, 10:59 AM
    kellierhoden
    Comment on ChihuahuaMomma's post
    You are no help
  • Feb 7, 2011, 09:49 AM
    aliseaodo

(Kellierhoden I didn't realize you were the mouth piece for the op!) - look at this at the 1min 15 sec point through the 1min 23 second point. To me, it looks like guys in suits taking a little boy from his mother through a clear white tube. Hmmm, are you sure jonnyskull isn't looking for E.T.

YouTube - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial - Original Trailer (1982)

(By the way this thread is like three years old - I'm sure jonnyskull has moved on to bigger and brighter things!)
  • Apr 25, 2011, 10:10 PM
    Deacon35
    It is not the flight of the navigator that was when he was taken but aliens went to nasa on his own not taking buy force the movie you are thinking of was D.A.R.Y.L
  • Jun 14, 2011, 11:52 PM
    CeriCat
    D.A.R.Y.L. never involved him being quarantined while being moved, NASA, or even Hazmat suits (unless my memory is seriously flawed), D.A.R.Y.L. was an escaped DoD funded experiment and he was found and brought by the lead scientists pretending to be his parents.
    In Flight of the Navigator David also wasn't quarantined while moved as I recall, though he was taken to be tested by NASA. E.T. would be most likely, I don't recall a scene at all similar in Mac & Me either.