Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   York gas furnace - how do I find terminal C? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=708664)

• Oct 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Ebarak2005
    York gas furnace - how do I find terminal C?
    Hello,

I have a York gas furnace model P3URB12N07501B
    I purchased a Honeywell thermostat that requires connection to c wiring. I had an extra blue wire that canbe used for it.
    When I was looking to connect the blue tote terminal I noticed there is a bother wire that is already connected and which is not part of the wiring that goes to the t hermostat (maybe part of the furnace). Can I connect the blue wire to the c terminal even though the other wire is also connected.

Thank you in advance for your help

EB
  • Jan 5, 2013, 10:26 AM
    stinkyjak
    I have the same question. I don't know how to get to the terminal block. There is no mention of this in any manual. I can see the wire running into an area under the ignitor area... I don't want to force my way in a break something.
  • Jan 5, 2013, 12:17 PM
    stinkyjak
    Ok, out of frustration I figured this out on my own. The Terminal block is under the ignitor. You have to lift and out on the handle that covers the ignitor box, then under that you have to slide up and then out to remove the panel cover for the box that houses all the wiring and the terminal block. This wasn't sliding up and it was moving and bending other parts so I thought this was bolted... no it was just rusted on. Once I was able to get to the terminal block for the Your Diamond 80 furnace, I was able to locate the "C" terminal and wire up my thermostat with no further issues. I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.
  • Jan 5, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Grady White
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkyjak View Post
    I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.

Did the installer leave the installation manual? Such things should be covered in the install manual. Manufacturers don't include every little detail about their equipment in owners manuals, nor should they.
  • Jan 6, 2013, 02:20 PM
    mygirlsdad77
    Ebarak, do you have central air conditioning with this unit? If so, the wire that is connected to the c terminal at the furnace is simply a common that leads to your outside unit. Not a big deal at all. To answer your question, yes, you can definitely hook the c (common) wire from the stat to the c terminal on the furnace control board along with the other wire. I promise you it will not create any issues.
  • Jul 24, 2013, 09:37 PM
    6ryan6
    Okay I got the same problem trying to find the terminal I removed the cover with the handle but where is the terminal?
  • Jul 24, 2013, 09:38 PM
    6ryan6
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkyjak View Post
    Ok, out of frustration I figured this out on my own. The Terminal block is under the ignitor. You have to lift up and out on the handle that covers the ignitor box, then under that you have to slide up and then out to remove the panel cover for the box that houses all the wiring and the terminal block. This wasn't sliding up and it was moving and bending other parts so I thought this was bolted... no it was just rusted on. Once I was able to get to the terminal block for the Your Diamond 80 furnace, I was able to locate the "C" terminal and wire up my thermostat with no further issues. I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.

Does that bottom panel come off too?
  • Jul 24, 2013, 10:35 PM
    Joshdta
    All control boards are in the blower wheel part of the furnace.