Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Mental & Emotional Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Such a mess right now. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=141103)

• Oct 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Solo47
    Such a mess right now.
    Hello, first of all I'm glad to be part of such a great community here and hope to be able to help people out and also hope that they can help me out also.

I have problems at the moment and I honestly don't know what to do, OK I'll start from the top.

There's this girl I met who I've liked since the day I met her but she had a boyfriend, I didn't do anything to get in the way of that as that's not the type of person I am, then things ended with her boyfriend me and her started dating but nothing too serious, then I introduced her to a friend of mine who was one of my BEST friends and they ended up sleeping together, while I still liked her and they both knew it. Recently I decided to start speaking to them both again but every time I see that they've been talking or anything like that I get this feeling of devastation like I did when I found out, tonight was the breaking point where I asked this girl if she still liked my friend and she said she wasn't sure, so I told this girl that I couldn't speak to her anymore because the sadness was tearing me apart. Was this the right thing to do? I feel so upset about it and just really need some sort of advice on that subject by someone who's been there maybe?

If this isn't in the appropriate section I have no objection to it being moved, I just hope this question can be answered, I'm just literally devastated at the moment.

If I haven't explained a certain part of this too well please don't hesitate to ask me about it.

Thanks.
  • Oct 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
    babigirl1
    I feel you did the right thing here. Your BEST friend and this girl should have had enough respect for you from the beginning. You have to allow yourself to feel the pain of this and if talking to either of them is making things worse on you , than it is best that you don't. Not until you can get to a point where you are no longer hurting so much. It is like they both stabbed you in the back. I know first hand on how that feels. I had to stop being friends all together with one of my friends. I felt that if she was a true friend she would not have slept with my man. But that is another story all together. So I would have to say yes you did the right thing. You have to listen to your feelings no matter what others think. I know you are hurting and you have the right to feel as you do. I hope I have helped you... good luck
  • Oct 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Amanda_88
    I also think you said the right thing. She doesn't deserve you, and your” best friend” is no best friend. There are many rocks in the sand and you will eventually find someone who will respect you above all. Don't get close to them; they don't deserve your friendship after that. That my opinion.
  • Oct 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
    pinkface92
    No, u totally did the right thing. If they were really good friends of yours, they would've had enough decency to tell u to your face that they liked each other. It sux that this would happen between your friends, but then if they go and do that maybe they weren't so great after all. U seem really polite and if u ever need 2 talk about any other problems, just come on here, the people are nice and helpful. Good luck!!
  • Oct 16, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Solo47
    Thank you all very much for these answers, its nice to see people seem to think the way I do about the situation.

Just hope I can get over her and move on, its not easy though considering I don't have a great deal of friends and the moment and no other interest from girls.

Guess I'll just have to try and cope until things get better. Hope they do.
  • Oct 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
    babigirl1
    When you stop looking, or not even looking at all she will be standing right in front of you. Take this time to work on something's you want to do. But you did the right thing and I am proud of you. Best of luck