Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Is it OK text message from female colleague? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=176664)

• Jan 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
    iamintrouble
    Is it OK text message from female colleague?
    Is it OK a female colleague to text messages your fiancé to say Merry Christmas?
    His colleague is married and I never met her. My fiancé just told me about her time to time. From what my fiancé told me, she is not happy with her marriage, and had affair before, she’s still hold on to her marriage because her husband can offer her better life style. So actually, I don’t really like her that much, but she is a positive person (my fiancé told me).
    My fiancé never hang out with her after work, but I don’t know how often they hang out together at work or lunch together.
    My question is it acceptable married womem text messages a male colleague on Christmas just to say Merry Christmas, love and name?
    :confused:
  • Jan 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
    peggyhill
    Maybe she sent messages like that to all her co-workers. If you have no reason to suspect your fiancée of cheating on you, then I wouldn't worry just because of that. But if you start seeing lots of texts and phone calls from him to her, then it might be time to get a little suspicious. If it's just an isolated incident, then I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps!
  • Jan 25, 2008, 05:34 PM
    iamintrouble
    I appreciate your reply for this too! Like this one... I'm sure I won't hear anyting from him again about her anymore. Because now he knows I don't like it. He will just hide anything from her. And he will not talk about her anymore. :(
  • Jan 25, 2008, 05:56 PM
    KalFour
    If that's all she's sent him, I wouldn't worry. If they're work friends, it's perfectly acceptable to be sending christmas greetings. If you think there's more to it, as Peggy said, you can watch for excessive calls or messages. But a Christmas greeting is hardly an invite to cheat.

Kal
  • Jan 25, 2008, 06:06 PM
    twinkiedooter
    Not really. She could have said something in person to him. But a text message never hurt anyone so I don't see any harm done.
  • Jan 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Now it may have even been a group text message, on holidays I often send a text to my group list, So almost anyone with a cell phone that is on my directory, gets a holiday message from me.

So that may be all it was. Or it may have merely been a person to cheap to buy a christmas card. I would say it is really nothing.
  • Jan 26, 2008, 04:29 AM
    ItsHisLoss
    It's probably nothing but I would wonder why she had my fiance's phone number and why he know's so much about her personal life. Like the fact that she's unhappy in her marriage and that she's had an affair
  • Jan 26, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Bluerose
    There's nothing in it, she is a work mate. It's a very different kind of relationship. Did he show you the message or did you discover it?
  • Jan 26, 2008, 08:21 AM
    MissingHim2Much
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bluerose
    There's nothing in it, she is a work mate. It's a very different kind of relationship. Did he show you the message or did you discover it?

My boyfriend of 7 years left me for a co-worker after only knowing her 2 months.
  • Jan 26, 2008, 08:46 AM
    s_cianci
    If that's all there is to it then I don't think you have a problem.
  • Jan 26, 2008, 10:11 AM
    talaniman
    Work mates know each other fairly well, and don't assume there is anything to worry about. Take his word for it.
  • Jan 26, 2008, 10:20 AM
    iamintrouble
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsHisLoss
    It's probably nothing but I would wonder why she had my fiance's phone number and why he know's so much about her personal life. Like the fact that she's unhappy in her marriage and that she's had an affair

They worked at the same department before, so they have time to hang out for lunch or talk personal stuff. But now she worked for another department now. But they're still keep in touch or hang out for lunch sometime.
  • Jan 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
    iamintrouble
    Quote:

I was standing next to him when he looked at the text message. And he says, oh, is xx just text message me to say Merry Christmas! I says, why she doesn't email you instead of text message you for greeting, nothing urgent about! And he says, I don't know!
  • Jan 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Bluerose
    He didn't try to hide it. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it all goes tits up you can come and shoot me!!! :)
  • Jan 26, 2008, 10:58 AM
    iamintrouble
    Quote:

He didn't try to hide it. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it all goes tits up you can come and shoot me!!! :)

Yes, maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it... thank you for your reply again... I appreciate it very much! :o