Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Fitness (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Exercises for your ABS (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=71801)

• Mar 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
    addy
    Exercises for your ABS
    :) Hey,
    I would REALLY love it if you could tell me ANY exercises you know to burn fat and gain Muscle in my ABS besides crunches and situps.Thank you.:)
  • Mar 13, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Parajr
    You probably have good abs, but they maybe covered by a layer of fat. Burn the fat and the abs will show. Rate this answere please
  • Mar 13, 2007, 08:02 PM
    DeeOlson WA Realtor
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio... burn the fat and don't eat too much fat
  • Mar 14, 2007, 10:47 AM
    addy
    Any suggestions on what I should stay away from in the way of food?
  • Mar 14, 2007, 06:38 PM
    lovelesspa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by addy
    :) Hey,
    I would REALLY love it if yall could tell me ANY exercises you know to burn fat and gain Muscle in my ABS besides crunches and situps.Thank you.:)

Diet is the key, watch what your eating and switch to a heathier diet plan, no fried foods, fatty meats, fruits and veggies, sugar rich candys, sweets, sodas, if your doing enough of the exercises your describing, it's a good workout but the muscles are hid by a layer of fat. You need to work out like you are but control what your eating. Working out with weights will increase your lean body mass, which raises your resting metabolic rate. When you speed us your metabolism, your burn fat.
  • Mar 14, 2007, 07:20 PM
    diet coke
    Do 20 crunches for 1month
  • Mar 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
    addy
    Lovelesspa:
    Thank you fro giving me that advice.Muchly appreciated:)

diet coke:
    Just do 20 crunches in one month?once a day, once a week?what do you mean?
  • Mar 15, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Nosnosna
    Exercises for the abs themselves won't do much in the way of burning fat... you'll want to do something more strenuous for that part, such as running or swimming.

For the abdominal strength, we had an ab program when I used to run:

Crunches
    Leg raises
    Twist sit-ups (elbow to opposite knee)
    Leg circles (keep your feet off the floor, legs straight and together, and move them in a circle all the way around, as full a range of motion as you can get)
    Reverse crunches
    Jackknifes
    Hip lifts
    Side crunches

Do each of these for 20 seconds (this will burn like WHOA at first, especially the leg circles) without taking a break. Repeat if possible :) Once you can do it three times without feeling like you're going to die, up the time by five seconds.
  • Mar 18, 2007, 07:16 AM
    addy
    Sorry Nosnosa,
    But what are these?
    Side Crunches
    Hip Lifts
    Jacknifes
    And
    Reverse crunches

If you could tell how you do them that would be great:)But I reallyt dfo appreciatetthe exercises.These sound like you don't need a home gymn to do them!
  • Mar 18, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Nosnosna
    Yeah, all of them are done with nothing but a large enough spot on the floor to lay down on. You'll never need any equipment to do a good ab set.

Side crunches are done just like a regular crunch, except that you lay your legs to one side. Do half the set with your knees to the right, and half the set with the knees to the left. Works the obliques.

Jack-knife situps are the pain train :) Lay down with your legs flat in front of you and your arms straight out over your head. Keeping your legs and arms straight, bring both of them up and try to touch your toes.

Reverse crunches are done by holding your legs straight up and raising your hips. Works the lower abs.

Ignore the hip lifts... that's another name for the reverse crunch. Those seven should be enough to get you started, and you can always make it more effective by adding more time.