Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Nursing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Salary and years of nursing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=260343)

• Sep 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
    daniella4087
    Salary and years of nursing
    Hi... I wanted to know what do lpns make... and how many years it is to be an lpn... and I also wanted to know how much RNS make... and how mnay years it is to be one... I want to see if it's a big difference... becaus I don't want to wast my time... on something else.. because I have a daughter so I can't really waste time when I go to school... thankyou
  • Oct 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
    mwilliams15

It really depends on what area you live in and the size of the facility in which you work. LPN training is usually around a year and the gross salary is somewhere between $31,208 to $41,617 annually (Become an LPN - Learn More About Practial Nursing Careers and Training).

To become an RN there is several different routes you can take. You can go 2 years to get your associates degree, or you could go 4 years to get your BSN (bachelors degree in nursing). With the BSN you will be able to get management positions (which pay more) and you can also go on to get your masters, or even a PhD in nursing.
    Nurses can expect 54,000 to 65,000 range depending on location and area of expertise.

If I were you, I would go around to hospitals in your area. A lot of hospitals these days will pay for you to attend nursing school, if you agree to work for them for a certain amount of time.

Best of luck!
  • Oct 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
    daniella4087
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mwilliams15 View Post
    It really depends on what area you live in and the size of the facility in which you work. LPN training is usually around a year and the gross salary is somewhere between $31,208 to $41,617 annually (Become an LPN - Learn More About Practial Nursing Careers and Training).

To become an RN there is several different routes you can take. You can go 2 years to get your associates degree, or you could go 4 years to get your BSN (bachelors degree in nursing). With the BSN you will be able to get management positions (which pay more) and you can also go on to get your masters, or even a PhD in nursing.
    Nurses can expect 54,000 to 65,000 range depending on location and area of expertise.

If I were you, I would go around to hospitals in your area. A lot of hospitals these days will pay for you to attend nursing school, if you agree to work for them for a certain amount of time.

Best of luck!

Oh OK thank you sooo much no one has really ever giving me a good answer lol but you did... but I didn't know that some hospitals will pay for school for me I will def. check that out... if you live in NJ... do you know of any hospitals that do pay for school? And also a friend of mine is in college now and she was there for medical assistant... and then she went to talk to a professor I guess that worked there because she was going to further her career into nursing... she was going to start doing LPN but the teacher told her they are getting rid of that posistion... is that true??