Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Teens (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Do you agree wit this? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=195702)

• Mar 17, 2008, 05:48 PM
    chevy666
    Do u agree wit this?
    K so I'm 15 n so is my boyfriend we've been going out for like 2 months and my issue right now is telling him why I love him. See whenever (well most times ) he 'll say I love you then ill say I love you back , but hen he'll ask why I love him which I don't really know why I love (n I also I have a really hard time defining things) so now tonight when we were talking over Yahoo mesenger and he saked why I loved him so I gave him the honest truth "i honestly dont know why n i donty mean that in a like a bad way i just dont know" and then he sent me a message saying " if u can't tel me y u love me then u realy dont love me"
    N I was wondering if this was true or not
  • Mar 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    Love is a vague term, and honestly I challenge that while 15 year olds think they are in love, they are normally in lust, in heat or have some emtional attraction which they don't understand at that age yet.

I would assume he is wanting something to build his ego up, smile, friendship, eyes and so on. But to tell the truth, love grows over time, a newly married couple will only start with their love as they begin their relastionship. But ask a 70 year old couple maried 50 years, and you will get the same response, just because they do.

His comments are evidence he is not matured yet ( but he is not suppose to be at 15 anyway, so it is ok)

His comments will only drive others away and make him lose what he has,
  • Mar 17, 2008, 06:31 PM
    EtKing
    Well to be honest.. ya to young to be in love.. buh I'm not trying to put your hopes down.wat I don't like is that how can you not know why u don't love him.. buh if you want me to tell u.. I agree what he said.becuz if you can't tell him da reason why u don't love him.. den der is no love.. mayb what you should do is ask him why does he love u
  • Mar 17, 2008, 06:33 PM
    chevy666
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Love is a vague term, and honestly I challege that while 15 year olds think they are in love, they are normally in lust, in heat or have some emtional attraction which they don't understand at that age yet.

I would assume he is wanting something to build his ego up, smile, friendship, eyes and so on. But to tell the truth, love grows over time, a newly married couple will only start with thier love as they begin thier relastionship. But ask a 70 year old couple maried 50 years, and you will get the same response, just because they do.

His comments are evidence he is not matured yet ( but he is not suppose to be at 15 anyway, so it is ok)

His comments will only drive others away and make him lose what he has,

His comments will only drive others away and make him lose what he has,[/QUOTE]
    I agree wit u on this it really ticks me off when he asks that
  • Mar 17, 2008, 06:35 PM
    oneguyinohio
    Next time he tells you that he loves you, ask him the same "why" question... then you might get an idea of what he is hoping to hear from you...

You could also take the attitude that you don't have to explain why, if you feel you do love him, then that should be good enough... Hard to tell how he might react.

Sounds like the other posters are correct that he is looking for some positive comments from you about him... Is this guy needy?
  • Mar 17, 2008, 06:51 PM
    chevy666
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oneguyinohio
    Next time he tells you that he loves you, ask him the same "why" question... then you might get an idea of what he is hoping to hear from you...

You could also take the attitude that you don't have to explain why, if you feel you do love him, then that should be good enough... Hard to tell how he might react.

Sounds like the other posters are correct that he is looking for some positive comments from you about him... Is this guy needy?

He is kind of but he has a need for reassurance and I think that he feels like he isn't good enough for me at times whuch he is totally wrong about but yea
  • Mar 19, 2008, 05:15 PM
    exxxxys
    I don't think it's true at all. He is obviously not matured yet, as other have stated, if he believes that love is so literal and easily explained.
  • Mar 19, 2008, 05:28 PM
    xxxlovecanhurtxxx
    Okay here is a poem I wrote I hope it helps.

Not knowing how you feel
    Is called confusion

Not wanting to say how you feel
    Is called embarrassment

Not being able to explain how you feel
    Is called love