Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Canada (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=518)
-   -   Streaming music on netflix (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=807095)

• Jan 16, 2015, 11:32 AM
    tickle
    Streaming music on netflix
    I know it can be done. There are many websites in Google with music that you can access. Tried a search on Netflix for some of them, but nothing came up.

Anyone ? Curlyben... need karma? Any ideas ?
  • Jan 16, 2015, 11:39 AM
    Curlyben
    You really want Spotify if you want to stream music.
    Netflix is really for movies, etc.
  • Jan 16, 2015, 12:10 PM
    talaniman
    I live on UTube, and Pandora.
  • Jan 16, 2015, 12:58 PM
    odinn7
    Netflix itself doesn't offer music, only movies and TV shows BUT...if you have a streaming player (Roku, BluRay, etc) they all have apps available that allow them to stream music from different sources. See what available apps your device has and go with that. I use Pandora and Rdio through my Roku player.
  • Jan 16, 2015, 05:04 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You really want Spotify if you want to stream music.
    Netflix is really for movies, etc.

I know what Netflix is for, I have it.
  • Jan 16, 2015, 05:30 PM
    joypulv
    I have a Chromecast USB on my TV that accepts wireless casting from my computer (anything - desktop, Netflix, Youtube....) but when my blueray player died, I couldn't play my 2 Christmas CDs from my computer! When I started up my CD, the entire toolbar went away, and I needed that to start the cast button. So, there's always some stumbling block to something.
    I have learned how to cast radio stations to my TV from my computer. Much better sound.

(I don't know how to deal with music sites like spotify. Just threw this in here.)
  • Jan 17, 2015, 06:40 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Netflix itself doesn't offer music, only movies and TV shows BUT...if you have a streaming player (Roku, BluRay, etc) they all have apps available that allow them to stream music from different sources. See what available apps your device has and go with that. I use Pandora and Rdio through my Roku player.

Thanks Odinn, but Google has multiple sites about music on Netflix (probably music videos). It just does not say how.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 07:02 AM
    Cat1864
    In this case I think google is inaccurate. Netflix has some great shows about music but there isn't a radio-type program that I can find.

When I search on Bing, all I find mentioned are documentaries and musicals.

Do you have a link to one of the places that says Netflix has streaming music?

I will add my vote for Spotify.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 07:28 AM
    talaniman
    They are DVD's mostly on Netflix, but unavailable for now, and have to be saved. I didn't see any for streaming but didn't look too deep for specific artists, on the site itself.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 09:06 AM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    In this case I think google is inaccurate. Netflix has some great shows about music but there isn't a radio-type program that I can find.

When I search on Bing, all I find mentioned are documentaries and musicals.

Do you have a link to one of the places that says Netflix has streaming music?

I will add my vote for Spotify.

vv

Sorry, cat, can't give you a link through my IPad. Thanks for your answer. Wasn't thinking about radio type, but music videos.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 09:38 AM
    J_9
    My family lives on netflix. We've been doing it for 2 years now. No streaming music. In the genres I just reviewed on my iPad, music isn't even a category.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 11:11 AM
    Cat1864
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    vv

Sorry, cat, can't give you a link through my IPad. Thanks for your answer. Wasn't thinking about radio type, but music videos.

It sounds like you may be looking for an MTV/VH type 'program'. The American version of Netflix doesn't have anything along those lines.

Maybe it depends on the interface, but there is a Musical and a Music category.

Other than YouTube I can't think of any music video streaming sites. I wonder if Hulu might have something like that.
  • Jan 17, 2015, 02:50 PM
    tickle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    My family lives on netflix. We've been doing it for 2 years now. No streaming music. In the genres I just reviewed on my iPad, music isn't even a category.

I have had Netflix for five years in Canada. J. It was a 'shot in the dark' trying to find music on it. If you have Netflix streamed on your TV, then it is on IPad too. I finish off a movie on my iPad when I go to bed.

Yes, I reviewed on my TV because I googled 'music streaming on Netflix'. Websites said it can be done, but obviously not !

LONG LIVE NETFLIX !