Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=12583)

• Sep 10, 2005, 03:57 PM
    Gadget0621
    Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie
    There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I rememberthat the little girl stole strawberries from the witch before she went back through the mirror and into her room. The witch was trapped behind the mirror before she could reach the girl. This has been one of the most difficult movies to find. Help :confused:
  • Sep 21, 2005, 09:48 AM
    Jeremy
    I think I am looking for the same movie. Any luck with your search? Did the girl need the berries to save her Mom wh was sick?
  • Sep 21, 2005, 11:41 AM
    GothicRomance
    Hugga Bunch
    I think I saw a reply to a similar request and they discovered that it was the Hugga Bunch movie. (or something like that) I never saw it so I am not sure if that's even close but I hope it helps.

Joanna
  • Sep 21, 2005, 11:57 AM
    Jeremy
    Hugga Bunch
    Thanks a lot Joanna, I looked up the web site for Hugga Bunch and this is indeed the movie I was thinking about.
  • Sep 21, 2005, 01:38 PM
    Gadget0621
    Thank you!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GothicRomance
    I think I saw a reply to a similar request and they discovered that it was the Hugga Bunch movie. (or something like that) I never saw it so I am not sure if that's even close but I hope it helps.

Joanna

Hugga Bunch is the right movie. Thank you so much Joanna. My family and I have been going crazy trying to figure out the name of this movie. I'm definitely going to buy this movie before I forget about it.
  • Oct 11, 2005, 10:55 PM
    pebbles0343
    Hugga bunch
    Oh my goodness, I have been racking my brain for the title of this movie for so long. My grandma used to rent it for me when I was a little girl. The only parts of the movie I could ever remember was the girl going through the mirror with a pink haired puppet and trying to steal something from the witch that was kept in a glass vase thing. Thank you, thank you so much for asking about the movie too :) or else I would probably still be searching. :)
  • Mar 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
    amariedamon
    OMG! Thank you so much me and my sister have been talking about this movie for like 5 years and have never thought of the name! Thank you so much... this movie definitely traumatized me... does anyone remember any of the other movies like this that came out around that time? I know they were all crazy.
  • Apr 2, 2009, 12:26 PM
    skenny
    YAY! I was just asking about this movie last night and both my boyfriend and my mom thought I was crazy! My mom was the one who rented the movie for me and she didn't remember it. THANK YOU!:D
  • Dec 7, 2009, 04:17 PM
    adrion13
    I am looking for a movie, but there's not a whole lot if information I can give since I haven't seen or heard of it since I was very young. It's a movie where a boy meets this short creature who I think grants him some wishes, and they become friends. Can anyone help me?
  • Dec 15, 2009, 01:47 AM
    berno53
    I have another one for you guys if you can get it. All I remember is a big red box and it was magical or something I really do not remember anything else. Any help is appriciated.
  • Dec 15, 2009, 01:53 AM
    straydog
    i have another one for you guys if you can get it. all i remember is a big red box and it was magical or something i really do not remember anything else. any help is appriciated.

The Phantom Tollbooth (70)
    a.k.a. The Adventures of Milo in the Phantom Tollbooth

----------------------------
  • Feb 27, 2010, 04:37 PM
    dwellski123
    I'm trying to think of one where there is a young boy and a toy maker in a fantasy land with a nutcracker army
  • Feb 27, 2010, 04:37 PM
    dwellski123
    I'm trying to think of one where there is a young boy and a toy maker in a fantasy land with a nutcracker army
  • Feb 27, 2010, 04:38 PM
    dwellski123

I'm trying to think of one with a young boy and a toymaker that are involved with a nutcracker army and there is a conflict of somesort going on killing me to figure this one out !
  • Feb 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
    straydog

It soundsd like
    A version of

Babes in Toyland
  • Feb 11, 2011, 03:31 PM
    HollyATme
    Comment on adrion13's post
    I think this is never ending story 2 or 3
  • Feb 19, 2011, 10:46 PM
    martin29
    What is the name of the movie of the girl walking through the mirror to get the berries for her sick grandma
  • Mar 1, 2011, 12:41 PM
    MissJax
    Comment on amariedamon's post
    Did you find out the name to this movie I have been looking for it..
  • Oct 6, 2011, 11:56 AM
    JuggaloJ
    I believe your thinking it's the labyrinth
  • Mar 25, 2012, 08:01 AM
    seherjilani
    I am looking for the movie in which a baby boy was kidnapped form the house by the ghosts and they take him in their world and then his sister went in search for her brother in the ghosts world.and then the amazing journey of fantasy and mystery starts and in the end she finds her brother and took him back to home and the all ghost becam e her friends.and the girl name was sarah in the film.could any one tell me the name of that movie pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee?