Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Games (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Atmosphere - Board game (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=85337)

• Apr 23, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Atmosphere - Board game
    Does anyone remember a 1990's board game called atmosphere?
  • Apr 23, 2007, 05:51 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    With the VHS Video? Hell Yeah!
  • Apr 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Capuchin
    It was called atmosfear. Not atmosphere. It was called nightmare in the US, Canada and Australia.

Nightmare (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I have the 2nd one somewhere...
  • Apr 23, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Capuchin
    It was called atmosfear. Not atmosphere. It was called nightmare in the US, Canada and Australia.

Nightmare (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I have the 2nd one somewhere...

Thank you so much - was looking for images on Google but clearly spelling it incorrectly! Got it now. Thanks again.
  • Apr 23, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    With the VHS Video? Hell Yeah!

Cool - I was looking for images on Google for it but was spelling it wrong. It's atmosfear! Top game though!
  • Apr 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Sorry, I didn't think you were trying to find anything on it, I just thought you were trying to start a chat about it! Lol!
  • Apr 23, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Sorry, I didn't think you were trying to find anything on it, I just thought you were trying to start a chat about it! Lol!

I'm happy to chat about it if you want?
  • Apr 23, 2007, 06:02 AM
    iAMfromHuntersBar
    Ha ha, no, it's OK, my mistake!
  • Apr 23, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Capuchin
    I didn't really like the end where you just pick your fear out of the pot, a bit of an anticlimax really.

The rest of it was fun though. Maybe the others in the series were different.
  • Apr 24, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Quote:

I didnt really like the end where you just pick your fear out of the pot, a bit of an anticlimax really.

The rest of it was fun though. Maybe the others in the series were different.

I have just bought itoff eBay! Can't really remember much about it I just know that I found the gatekeeper really funny and not at all scary... YES GATEKEEEPEEEEEEER!
  • Apr 24, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Capuchin
    Haha great! I will have to check if I have my copy when I get home!
  • Apr 26, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Joon Hardbody
    Quote:

Haha great! I will have to check if i have my copy when I get home!

It just arrived today!! So excited (what a loser eh!) - going to play it tonight.

Hop eyou found your copy.

Joon
  • May 28, 2007, 05:50 PM
    klinglerf
    You know they have it on DVD now so you don't have to get it on VHS... sold at Zellers. I hope they come out with the others... I love that game. My uncle scared my cousin during that game and she pissed herself.. literally!
  • Sep 10, 2007, 12:38 PM
    emmahogg
    The other half of it where things that disgust u most in the pot was funny... I remember playing it not so long ago because my mates still have their copy n the thing that disgusted everyone most was me and my new guy lol
  • Jun 2, 2008, 04:40 AM
    dava1234
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joon Hardbody
    I have just bought itoff ebay! Can't really remember much about it I just know that I found the gatekeeper really funny and not at all scary.... YES GATEKEEEPEEEEEEER!!

I have the first one and its perfect, how much did you buy it for because I am looking to sell it?
  • Nov 28, 2008, 07:23 AM
    baby-bug
    Does it make me reaslly sad to actually admit that I have all five... yes yes I did say FIVE, of them?

I also have both of the new DVD ones, plus the Khufu the Mummy DVD one...

What can I say... I love board games! :p
  • Dec 5, 2009, 05:38 PM
    123mel
    I love that game soooooooo much my step dad found it in Goodwill and my friend and I play it all that time it's funny