Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Songs (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=484)
-   -   Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=3280)

• Sep 10, 2004, 01:45 PM
    tnt17402
    Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song
    I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot.

Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand in was their record label. I know of no Swan Song. He's convinced it's a Zeppelin tune but only knows that there is a lyric in it which is "Baby, this is your swan song". That's it... and he can't even hum it!

I figured I'd give this a shot as my eyes are sore from reading pages and pages of Zeppelin lyrics for the words swan song.

Do you know of any Zeppelin song with this title or the lyric "baby, this is your swan song"?

If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.
  • Sep 16, 2004, 02:17 PM
    jhanington
    Re: Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song
    I'm a pretty big LZ fan and I've never heard or known of a song titled Swan Song. I believe Swan Song was the name of there record label. It's also the name of their tribute band.
  • Sep 23, 2004, 05:22 PM
    shadycharacter
    Re: Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song
    Hi. A number titled Swan Song was recorded for the album Physical Graffiti (the first album released under the swan song label), but never released. You could find this on bootlegs of studio sessions, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble.
  • Nov 30, 2005, 06:02 AM
    sapblatt
    Swan song
    The song is readily available on LimeWire (napster like site)... go to limewire.com
  • Mar 16, 2007, 08:03 PM
    dalyllama34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tnt17402
    I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot.

Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand in was their record label. I know of no Swan Song. He's convinced it's a Zeppelin tune but only knows that there is a lyric in it which is "Baby, this is your swan song". That's it....and he can't even hum it!

I figured I'd give this a shot as my eyes are sore from reading pages and pages of Zeppelin lyrics for the words swan song.

Do you know of any Zeppelin song with this title or the lyric "baby, this is your swan song"?

If you can help, I'd really appreciate it.

It is a zep tune it was unrealesed go on limewire and download it
  • Apr 7, 2008, 02:55 AM
    markpheus
    Yeah I used to have zeppelins song tilted "swan song" downloaded it years ago, it was a progressive instrumental. You can still down load it and it may be on their bbc live sessions?
  • Apr 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
    LedZepHead
    Hey the song is real I have it, but it has no lyrics... and yes it is a record label