Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Government (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Bill clinton (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=171275)

• Jan 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
    brittney354x0o
    Bill clinton
    Was was his purpose with the economic reform?
  • Jan 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
    George_1950
    Clinton's purpose was to do what the majority wanted so that he would be popular.
  • Jan 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
    tomder55
    This is what happened . Bill Clinton came into office with a lot of liberal ideas. Later on he brought into the agenda of reform that the Congress with the Newt Gingrich revolution proposed. He is thus given credit for some initiatives like welfare reform that no Democrat would ever adopt on their own. To his credit he was and is a proponent of globalization and free markets.
  • Jan 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
    George_1950
    tomder55 writes: "Bill Clinton came into office with a lot of liberal ideas." If you will recall, Bush broke his anti-tax pledge and lost his bedrock support; add the Perot enigma, and Clinton runs on "middle class tax cut". After the election is won (less that 50% of the popular vote), Clinton hold a big powwow in Little Rock and emerges, saying, "I've worked hard on this than anything in my life, and we just can't afford that tax cut". And he passed the largest tax increase in American history. 1994, Newt inspires the nation to a route of the Dems, and substantial tax cuts, particularly capital gains, are instituted, igniting the so-called Clinton economic boom. In reality, just a continuation of Reaganomics.
  • Jan 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
    excon
    Hello:

So, anything the Democrats did good, the Republicans really did it first, and the Dems took credit. Plus, anything the Dems did wrong, they did on their own.

Brittney, do you know what self serving statements are??

You've just been handed a bunch of 'em. Bwa ha ha ha.

excon
  • Jan 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
    George_1950
    I'll let you go first, excon: Name something the Demorcrats did good?
  • Jan 14, 2008, 02:47 PM
    George_1950
    OK, dam$it, I'll do your work for you: "The Motor Carrier Regulatory Reform and Modernization Act, more commonly known as the Motor Carrier Act of 1980 (MCA) is a federal law of the United States which deregulated the trucking industry.

"Motor carrier deregulation was a part of a sweeping reduction in price controls, entry controls, and collective vendor price setting in United States transportation, begun in 1970-71 with initiatives in the Richard Nixon Administration, carried out through the Gerald Ford and Carter Administrations, and followed up on in the 1980s, collectively seen as a part of deregulation in the United States. The deregulation of the trucking industry was kicked off with the Motor Carrier Act of 1980 (S.2245), which was signed into law by President Jimmy Carter on July 1, 1980."
    See: Motor Carrier Act of 1980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia