Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Women's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Vaginal Discharge (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=111397)

• Jul 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Patricia Pert
    Vaginal Discharge
    I have a yellow vaginal discharge, is this serious?
  • Jul 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
    tickle
    Yellow discharge could be sign of an infection. I would have it checked out as soon as possible to avoid any complications.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 08:44 AM
    alkalineangel
    I agree with tickle, although depending on the exact color, it could also be normal. A doctor would know for sure.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 08:56 AM
    TessyO
    I remember seeing an ad for this on TV

Vagisil Screening Kit 2 - Home

Might be worth a try.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 09:51 AM
    J_9
    Yes, those are new on the market Tessy. I would be very interested to see how well they work. Definitely worth a try.
  • Jul 19, 2007, 11:16 AM
    nauticalstar420
    Yes, yellow can mean infection. Some other signs to go by to see if you might have an infection are if the discharge is thick and clumpy, or has a foul odor :)
  • Jul 22, 2007, 11:34 AM
    girlssoftball07
    It's probably just pee if it is liquily but if its clumpy it's probably a bladder infection
  • Jul 22, 2007, 11:44 AM
    nauticalstar420
    Quote:

Originally Posted by girlssoftball07
    it's probaly just pee if it is liquily but if its clumpy it's probaly a bladder infection

A bladder infection would look more like pus, rather than clumpy. Clumpy or "cottage cheese like" discharge usually (but not always) indicates an infection.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
    tickle
    Bladder infection means very great difficult in urinating, and absolutely not being able to pee at all.

Not being able to pass urine and a great amount of pressure means, SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY.
  • Jul 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
    bekah876
    Quote:

Originally Posted by girlssoftball07
    it's probaly just pee if it is liquily but if its clumpy it's probaly a bladder infection

Urine doesn't produce yellow discharge. I am sure the person that posted this knows the difference between discharge and urine.
  • Oct 10, 2007, 05:22 AM
    carlito5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia Pert
    I have a yellow vaginal discharge, is this serious?

Change in the color, odor or consistency of vaginal discharge may indicate an infection. Yeast infections, where the volume of regular vaginal yeast increases, cause a thick, white discharge that resembles cottage cheese. Other vaginal infections (sometimes grouped as vaginitis) like trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis can cause other changes to vaginal discharge, such as changes in amount, color and odor. Sexually transmitted diseases may also be associated with unusual vaginal discharge, but frequently have no symptoms.

In addition, altered vaginal discharge may be the result of personal behaviors or habits that can affect the vaginal environment. These include douching and wearing tight clothing that restricts air flow to the vagina.

Symptoms that may accompany vaginal discharge include painful urination, itching, pelvic pain or rash. Sudden change in vaginal discharge should be reported to a physician, preferably a gynecologist (GYN). If there is infection, it can be treated and the vaginal discharge should return to normal levels