Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Possible pregnancy question (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=832024)

• May 1, 2017, 01:45 PM
    superstar18
    Possible pregnancy question
    Is it possible to conceive after your period ended? My period ended on the 22nd and now I have been feeling weird the past couple days. My stomach has been a little crampy and I'm eating a lot more than usual. I feel hungry almost every hour. I have been dieting the past two months but I don't think it's because I have been dieting or else this would have started awhile ago. I did take a test but it came out negative but I think I took it too early. I also have been feeling more tired and I have been somewhat grouchy. I also have been a little naseous nothing big though like throwing up. I would just feel naseous after I eat. Also can you get pregnancy symptoms like in the first week. I have been freaking myself out about this.
  • May 1, 2017, 02:16 PM
    talaniman
    You may as well relax a bit, as all your symptoms can be about many other things besides pregnancy. It's not typical for pregnancy to even show up after a week, but if you had sex, yes it's possible. I would relax and wait a week or so and test again.

I wouldn't freak out over this just yet.
  • May 1, 2017, 05:24 PM
    Alty
    It's possible to get pregnant any time during the month unless you know when you ovulate, and that means tracking ovulation by testing basal temperature for at least 6 months, and not by using an app.

Having said that, your period ended on the 22. If you are pregnant, it would be early for symptoms, and it would be way way way too early to test.

Wait until your next period. If you miss it, wait a week, then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait another week and test again. If that test is also negative, wait for your next period. If you miss it, see your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck.
  • May 1, 2017, 05:56 PM
    superstar18
    Thank you guys! I'm trying not to freak out about it but it's in the back of my mind. I have been thinking about it all day. I had a dream last night that I was and my friend said she had a dream about that and turned out that she was. Maybe I had that dream because I'm worrying too much about it. My friend told me to take the test and I said shouldn't I wait because it's too early and she's like well it will ease your mind but it didn't. I'm still worried but all I can do is wait. I haven't checked when I ovulate but maybe that would be a good thing to do.
  • May 2, 2017, 09:12 PM
    Alty
    Your friend is wrong. Getting a negative on a test right now, doesn't mean you're not pregnant. It's too early to test, which means a negative result right now, means nothing at all. How can that put your mind at ease?

I know it sucks to wait, and the more you have to wait, the more it's on your mind. Sadly, when it comes to pregnancy, it's all a waiting game, and there's nothing you can do to speed it up.