Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   High School (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400)
-   -   High school diploma (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=101528)

• Jun 15, 2007, 12:47 PM
    ann41
    High school diploma
    :( Hello I am 40 years old and now need my high school diploma for a job that I applied to. Someone please help, I don't know what to do. I had a stroke last March and I am scared to death to leave my home. I applied for a job to do at home it is for the IRS... Can I get my diploma online at home?

Ann
  • Jun 15, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Emland
    Proably not, unless your High School is really on the tech ball. Have you tried calling your high school to see how to get past records. They would have to have on record your diploma status.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 02:45 PM
    ann41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Emland
    Proably not, unless your High School is really on the tech ball. Have you tried calling your high school to see how to get past records. They would have to have on record your diploma status.

I don't have my diploma... I need to get one. I dropped out of school in the 80's since then I have opened my own business, and received my insurance licence, but NO DIPLOMA I need to get one help
  • Jun 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
    J_9
    Am I correct in understanding that you dropped out of school and did not receive a diploma?

If that is the case, you can contact your local school system to take a test and get your GED.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
    ann41
    I had a stroke last March and don't really get out that much, that is why I wanted to do it online...
    Thank you for your comments.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Wondergirl
    Emland means your high school would have a record of how far you got and what courses you finished and what you have left to do. Check with the community college in your area. Once they know your situation, they might be willing to allow you to complete courses with them online, courses that will satisfy requirements for the h.s. diploma.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
    J_9
    Some community colleges do GED online. In my area it is called Regents Online Degree Program. You can do GED and get accredited degrees.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 04:30 PM
    ann41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_9
    Some community colleges do GED online. In my area it is called Regents Online Degree Program. You can do GED and get accredited degrees.

Do you think I can get one from this school that you mention..

Ann
  • Jun 15, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Wondergirl
    Ann, call your community college to see if they use that program or have a similar one.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
    ann41
    Ok I will... Thank you so much for all the info.. I just don't want to get scammed, if I did it online, but I think I'm dreaming right now. I don't think I will find anything online...
  • Jun 15, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Wondergirl
    Yes, you will! But it will be happily connected to your community college - most have distance learning features, taking courses online. You shouldn't have to leave home to get what you need (especially nowadays! ). If the community college doesn't work out, contact me. I will have more ideas.
  • Jun 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
    ann41
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Yes, you will! But it will be happily connected to your community college - most have distance learning features, taking courses online. You shouldn't have to leave home to get what you need (especially nowadays!!). If the community college doesn't work out, contact me. I will have more ideas.

Thank you.. I emailed them. I just wanted to be able to do it at home, so I don't get all stressed out. After the stroke I turned into a wimp I guess. I just think it would be easier to do it. If you have any more info I can send you my email address..

Thank you so much

Ann
  • Nov 10, 2011, 10:14 PM
    nathansmom
    Wow i'm sorry to hear that but you can do it online because i was looking around and there some websites that tells you what you need. I know there was this website that you pay a fee to start then you have to buy the materials. But wow you accomplished a lot for a person who didn't get your diploma congratz. I don't know if i helped...