Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Having trouble finding the correct kitchen sink sprayer nonthreaded replacement hose. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=436992)

• Jan 19, 2010, 10:18 PM
    rainesbros555
    Having trouble finding the correct kitchen sink sprayer nonthreaded replacement hose.
    The valve assembly under the sink is brass with a integral tee for the sprayer hose. The hose connector is unthreaded. Under the sink at the end of the stainless steel sprayer hose is a 3/4" long brass coupling, then a gray plastic piece inserted into the brass coupling that fits over the integral tee coming out of the valve assembly. No markings to indicate the faucet manufacturer. I'm not sure how to remove the sprayer hose but am considering either prying it off, which may break something critical, or just removing the entire faucet/sprayer assembly and replacing the whole enchilada.
  • Jan 20, 2010, 07:11 AM
    rainesbros555
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is a picture of the where the sprayer hose connects. How do I remove the hose and where can I get a replacement?
  • Jan 20, 2010, 01:26 PM
    afaroo
    1 Attachment(s)

See your Pic, try to push the grey and pull the hose see if it disconnect, if does once it is removed and take to plumbing supply if they can help you a replacement, Thanks.

John
  • Jan 20, 2010, 07:44 PM
    rainesbros555

Thanks for the tip. Push the grey insert to the left and further into the coupling? Or push it to the right toward the valve assembly?
  • Jan 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
    massplumber2008
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hi Rainesbros555...

John got you started real well... :) Use a pair of needlenose pliers to push on the gray ring while pushing on the brass coupler with your hand in the opposite direction and once the gray ring is compressed you will PULL on the brass coupler to release. Give it a shot...

MARK
  • Jan 20, 2010, 08:18 PM
    rainesbros555

Hello massplumber2008,
    Thanks for the advise and photo! I'll give that a shot.
  • Aug 28, 2010, 08:13 PM
    cher1087
    Quote:

Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi Rainesbros555...

John got ya started real well...:) Use a pair of needlenose pliers to push on the gray ring while pushing on the brass coupler with your hand in the opposite direction and once the gray ring is compressed you will PULL on the brass coupler to release. Give it a shot...

MARK

What is the name of these parts or where can I find them this is what I need to fix my sprayer but I don't know where to find them I would like to order them on-line
    Thanks
  • Aug 28, 2010, 08:15 PM
    massplumber2008

Hi Cher

That will depend on the manufacturer of your faucet. Can you post a picture of your faucet?

Mark
  • Aug 28, 2010, 08:21 PM
    cher1087

It looks just like the picture above of the under sink parts.
  • Aug 29, 2010, 11:33 AM
    massplumber2008

I think this is a moen faucet... what brand name is on your faucet? Let me know... OK?

If you have a moen faucet you can get repair parts at no charge by calling 1800BUYMOEN.

Back to you...

Mark