Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Plumbing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=259)
-   -   Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=292059)

• Dec 14, 2008, 02:02 PM
    xdell2003x
    1 Attachment(s)
    Kohler 3 knob shower faucet keeps turning and turning on the hot water.
    I have a 3 knob Kohler shower faucet in my bathroom. The hot water keeps turning and turning and doesn't stop. The water does turn on and off but it also keeps dripping. I have to play with it in order to prevent it from dripping as much as possible. How can I fix this? It is an older type Kohler that is really hard to find. Can anyone help?
  • Dec 14, 2008, 02:17 PM
    afaroo
    2 Attachment(s)

Remove the stem and replace the washer, see the images, good luck.

John
  • Dec 14, 2008, 02:29 PM
    xdell2003x

I replaced the round washer that is held by the philips screw, but it still keeps turning. What else can be wrong? Thank you for your quick response John.
  • Dec 14, 2008, 02:33 PM
    afaroo

Remove the othere stem and try it on this one if it work then you need to replace the stem, Thanks.

John
  • Dec 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
    xdell2003x

Thank you John, but are there any other washers that I can replace? What would cause it to just keep turning and turning?
  • Dec 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
    afaroo

Try the stem first with out the nut see if sets inside then install the nut see what happens, some time the stem would not go insde the faucet.
  • Aug 5, 2011, 09:41 AM
    ubg11183
    Hot water knob will not cut water in or off
  • Aug 5, 2011, 04:48 PM
    afaroo
    1 Attachment(s)

Hello Ubg,

This is almost 3 years old post please start a new one that it will have more visibilty and some one will respond to you, to answer your question you need to shut the water to the shower, remove the hot side stem check the washer and the seat inside the valve you may need to replace both, see the image below, Thanks.
  • May 4, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Larraine
    Please help! I badly need the shower diverter stem for a set just like this. Would be thrilled to purchase an old one in usable condition.
    [email protected]
  • Jun 23, 2016, 05:36 PM
    Smiley Smith
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Larraine View Post
    Please help! I badly need the shower diverter stem for a set just like this. Would be thrilled to purchase an old one in usable condition.
    [email protected]

If you go to plumbing supply house, they'll hook you up with a new one for less than 60 bucks. Show them picture of yours. An old nice one will just do the same thing to you in near future.
  • Jun 23, 2016, 06:15 PM
    ma0641
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiley Smith View Post
    If you go to plumbing supply house, they'll hook you up with a new one for less than 60 bucks. Show them picture of yours. An old nice one will just do the same thing to you in near future.

Please note that the reply you posted was for a question originally posted in 2014.
  • Jun 23, 2016, 07:22 PM
    Milo Dolezal
    ... if not 2008
  • Jun 23, 2016, 07:42 PM
    ma0641
    #$&*@????