Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Education (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Never too old... (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=92)

• Mar 9, 2003, 10:54 PM
    RAC
    Never too old...
    Hello,
    I was wondering if it would make sense if a person in their 30's, and one more year to go for their associates degree, to go on and finish schooling for a bachelor's degree. I don't want to spend the money if eventually I can grow with a company or start my own business. I am basically wieghing my options. Thanks for any input.
    :)
  • May 11, 2003, 04:06 AM
    AudioCourses
    Never too old...
    Errrr

Of course... Why wouldn't you?

Chrish
  • Apr 30, 2004, 09:36 PM
    MagikPoo
    Never too old...
    Hell YES!

I did it, I'm 37 have an assoc.

Keep going and don't look back.
  • Dec 26, 2004, 05:03 PM
    amySlater
    The more you learn, the more you earn...
    Lets get one thing straight. 30 is not old. I can't imagine any field in which a bachelors degree would not be more profitable than an associate degree. If you are just getting tired of school how about working at whatever job that your associate degree is suited for and then finishing your four-year program by taking part-time classes at your local university or via the Internet. Most people are eligible for some sort of financial assistance to go to school, especially if you have not earned your first bachelors degree yet. The little saying at the top of my reply may indeed be dated but it is almost true in all cases. Do you remember any of the folks that you went to school with who quit claiming that their GED would see them through? These days a high-school diploma or GED alone is virtually worthless in my opinion. I mean they are absolute musts in order to get into college but worthless when it comes to getting a job that will bring any sort of a "living wage".

Best of luck,
    Amy ;)
  • Feb 10, 2005, 07:21 PM
    dagoflores
    Nothing like your own business
    I think that if the Effort and Investment needed to get the Degree is higher to that of Starting your OWN BUSINESS,.
    Open your Small Business,:D there is nothing like it, and anyhow when you grow older, if you become jobless, will need to do so :cool: .
  • Mar 25, 2005, 09:24 PM
    Dr_Calculus
    To disagree
    First off, I think it is always worth going through the education. Way back in the 1600s, scholars were treated with the utmost respect (despite ridicules of their theorems). If you try to start your own business with only an assoc. degree, you may be at a disadvantage because there are many out there with bachelor's and master's degrees in business that YOU are competing with.
  • Mar 27, 2005, 12:19 PM
    dagoflores
    Right Dr. Calculus...
    Dr. Calculus is right; the highest education you can get is the BEST ASSET you can have to start any business. In fact When I was at the University, I had a schoolmate which was 60 years old.:eek: Also my Father got his Doctor´s degree, in the eightys.:) :cool: