Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Skin Lightening (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=386)
-   -   I am getting darker day by day because of sun (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=502543)

• Aug 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
    shade3shades
    I am getting darker day by day because of sun
    I tan very easily what are the remedies for...

Very difficult to get rid of tan. I use sunblock but it doesn't help much

Arrrrgggggggghh!!
  • Aug 28, 2010, 04:07 AM
    MAHARANI

What sunscreen are you using? It may be a case of trying something else as well as using sun avoidance tactics, i.e wearing a hat, covering up as much as possible, walking in the shady areas, avoiding going out at the hottest periods 11am- 3 pm and in some areas 10 - 4, using an umbrella if you are able to.

In my experience, physical blocks offer better protection from the sun, but tend to leave a caste. I do find that this does fade after a while.
  • Aug 28, 2010, 08:43 PM
    shade3shades
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    What sunscreen are you using? It may be a case of trying something else as well as using sun avoidance tactics, i.e wearing a hat, covering up as much as possible, walking in the shady areas, avoiding going out at the hottest periods 11am- 3 pm and in some areas 10 - 4, using an umbrella if you are able to.

In my experience, physical blocks offer better protection from the sun, but tend to leave a caste. I do find that this does fade after a while.

I use sun protection Neutrogena SPF 70. I use these SUN AVOIDING TACTICS problem is I get tan even when sitting in the car... I hate this situation. I have to go to job and work each day it is a struggle for me to wake up and face the skin.
  • Aug 28, 2010, 09:17 PM
    MySunshine

This is hard for me too and definitely is hard not to get a tan while in the car. Even with tinted windows it doesn't help. Try to wear long sleeves and use the sun visor on your car to adjust it to block the sun.
  • Sep 1, 2010, 10:36 AM
    MAHARANI

shade3shades,

You need to look for a sunscreen with a physical block, which I find gives better protection than the chemical ones. And like MySunshine mentioned you need to find different ways of protecting yourself whilst driving. I wear gloves, put kids sun visors on my windows as I don't have tints yet. I cover my chest and neck with a pashmina and make sure that the car visor is angled to give as much protection as possible.
  • Sep 5, 2010, 12:02 PM
    BrownDeceit

I completely understand your frustration. I found myself trying to organize my classes around what time the sun will be the brightest, just so I can avoid those times. :( I see a lot of Asian women around campus carrying umbrellas... But. I know I will get a lot of weird stares if I ever dared do such a thing. :( I wear make up so I don't put on sunscreen underneath my make up, otherwise it makes it look cakey. :( So I try and just block the sun with my folders or with my hand or run to the shade wherever I see it. I'll find myself switching sides of the street several times in one outing. Lol. Whatever works!
  • Sep 13, 2010, 11:58 PM
    Mini_Her

LOL. I use Coppertone sunscreen and it works. But I agree with you guys, my skin has redarkened after lightening so well.
  • Sep 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
    VangPa
    I came across this posting and wanted to share with you some of the products that I am selling for this kind of purpose. I really, don't like to communicate through the internet or through postings, but I just came across this posting and would like to help you take care of some of the issues you are dealing with about dark skin. I myself hate getting dark. I am selling a skin whitening product which is made in Japan and would love to tell you more about it. Did you know that brightening and whitening products first came from Asia? Japanese have specially advanced whitening skin care technology over the years. That is why majority of Asians prefer Japanese products. Even French brands are made from Japan, such as DiorSnow SPF 30 from Dior. I am a beauty consultant and a big fan of skin care products. Let me know if you need any help. You can contact me at [email protected]. I would give you more information about myself, but this is a public domain, I hope you understand.