Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Girlfriend says she's in love with two guys. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=103989)

• Jun 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
    hammer87
    Girlfriend says she's in love with two guys.
    Hey everyone, my relationship started as best friends throughout high school, it wasn't until later after high school we started to see each other as more then just friends. We've been on and off after that for about 3 - 4 months now and she says she can't decide if she loves me or this other guy. She doesn't know how the relationship with this guy would go but for some reason she wants to give it a try but she says she's still in love with me. She says she loves us both equally and it just sucks because I really don't know what to do anymore... any advice?
  • Jun 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
    chuff
    She's talking to you in girl talk. I'll decode it for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer87
    We've been on and off after that for about 3 - 4 months now and she says she can't decide if she loves me or this other guy.

What she really says is, "I've already decided that I like this other guy better then you. I also don't want to be alone so I need somebody there is case it doesn't go as I plan."

Quote:

She doesn't know how the relationship with this guy would go but for some reason she wants to give it a try but she says shes still in love with me.

What she really says is, "I don't feel anything thing with you but your safe to have around. The other guy makes me feel something... but he's not a guarantee so I want you to keep waiting just in case it doesn't work out. Then and only then will you have a chance.

Quote:

she says she loves us both equally

What she really says is, "I have feelings for you like I would any other friend. I have feelings for him that are sexual, romantic, challenging, daring, mysterious, edgy, and uncontrollable. I love neither of you but I do trust you more which is why I'm using you as the back up plan in case the other guy doesn't work out.

Quote:

and it just sucks because I really don't know what to do anymore... any advice?

It sure does suck. She's using you so introduce your foot to her butt and her butt to the curb.
  • Jun 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
    jeremy4719
    Comment on chuff's post
    Yep.. That is about it...
  • Jun 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
    jeremy4719
    Yeah I say that Chuff pretty much hit the nail on the head...

You can't possibly love two people in my opinion... She is making one of you a scape goat... She needs that plate of left overs (you) in case the new food (him) goes bad... Don't be the back up... Tell her that its either you or him... If she doesn't choose, then she's already chosen.
  • Jun 25, 2007, 02:09 AM
    rondom1
    I think chuff is 100% correct however much it sucks.

I've been in the same situation, girls will rip your heart out when they are trying to let you down easy.