Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Networking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   I want to buy a game on PSN with my dad's creadit card, if I do will he notice? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=812999)

• Jun 16, 2015, 05:18 AM
    guissbett
    I want to buy a game on PSN with my dad's creadit card, if I do will he notice?
    I don't know if he will recive de bill from the purchuse I make or something.
  • Jun 16, 2015, 05:30 AM
    talaniman
    Of course he will notice, and be mad as all get out, because he will get a bill on his monthly statement. Why not just ask him, and save the drama and punishment? How do you even have access to his credit card? He may not be happy about that either.

Kind of sad you would even consider being devious with your own dad! WHY? Wouldn't you rather he trust his own kid?
  • Jun 16, 2015, 05:36 AM
    guissbett
    Quote:

Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Of course he will notice, and be mad as all get out, because he will get a bill on his monthly statement. Why not just ask him, and save the drama and punishment? How do you even have access to his credit card? He may not be happy about that either.

Kind of sad you would even consider being devious with your own dad! WHY? Wouldn't you rather he trust his own kid?

Your making a storm in a glass of water dude. I asked him but he didn't let me and I have the information because I can get the card from his wallet. But thanks anyway that is what I wanted to know.
  • Jun 16, 2015, 05:55 AM
    talaniman
    Trying to prevent a storm would be more accurate, especial since dad said NO already, but you were still going to lift his card anyway.

That's still sad, but you are welcome.
  • Jun 16, 2015, 06:08 AM
    Cat1864
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guissbett View Post
    I don't know if he will recive de bill from the purchuse I make or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guissbett View Post
    Your making a storm in a glass of water dude. I asked him but he didn't let me and I have the information because I can get the card from his wallet. But thanks anyway that is what I wanted to know.

You do understand that is stealing. Not only could you get in trouble with your father but PSN, too, when he disputes the charge and tells them it was unauthorized. They will look at it as fraud and there goes your account. Is a game worth losing your father's trust and your PSN?

Is this a credit card or debit card (he may check the balance on-line or get updates when the card is used)? You do understand that making a purchase he doesn't know about could cause major financial issues (even if it is for a couple of dollars) if he is counting on the money/credit being there and it isn't, don't you?

Would you take cash from his wallet without asking?
  • Jun 16, 2015, 06:14 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    This is morally wrong, and criminally illegal. Yes of course there is a bill and he will know, it is not his. He will then call the credit card company, who will then question the game company. You will be stealing from your father, then defrauding the game company. The game company can press changes if they want.

The fact you see no problem in this, other than getting caught is deplorable.