Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Travel Careers (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=337)
-   -   Looking for jobs in travel and tourism (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=39047)

• Oct 25, 2006, 03:27 PM
    nuttin_fails
    Looking for jobs in travel and tourism
    Hello! I live in Norway, and I've studied travel and tourism for 2 years now, with IATA certification. Im looking for jobs abroad i.e. UK,Dubai,USA. But its very hard to find jobs, most employers want experienced people, but what about people who need experience? I've search a lot on the net,and I can't find any suitable job for me.Hope someone can help me out on where to look... Thanks in advance!
  • Nov 6, 2007, 10:27 PM
    meolungin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttin_fails
    Hello! I live in Norway, and I've studied travel and tourism for 2 years now, with IATA certification. Im looking for jobs abroad i.e. UK,Dubai,USA. But its very hard to find jobs, most employers want experienced people, but what about people who need experience? I've search alot on the net,and i can't find any suitable job for me.Hope someone can help me out on where to look....Thanks in advance!

Join the club I had the same luck in my 20's let me know if you have any success
  • Feb 25, 2008, 11:51 AM
    nicki143
    Most Travel jobs now are sales based and they want people who hacve worked in sales maybe try for a sales job that are really easy to come across like telephone sales (well they are easy here) stay for 6 months then apply
  • Feb 25, 2008, 08:34 PM
    meolungin
    That is why they call it the present, gift get it. I've heard that before but Im not interested in a sales job. Have you ever heard of tour directing. I want a job where I travel and get paid. How do you like living in the uk?
  • Mar 4, 2008, 08:01 AM
    niish55
    :confused:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by meolungin
    that is why they call it the present, gift get it. I've heard that b4 but Im not interested in a sales job. Have you ever heard of tour directing. I want a job where I travel and get paid. How do you like living in the uk?

• Apr 17, 2008, 01:06 PM
    XIG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttin_fails
    Hello! I live in Norway, and I've studied travel and tourism for 2 years now, with IATA certification. Im looking for jobs abroad i.e. UK,Dubai,USA. But its very hard to find jobs, most employers want experienced people, but what about people who need experience? I've search alot on the net,and i can't find any suitable job for me.Hope someone can help me out on where to look....Thanks in advance!

Hey do you find many people wanting to travel to the US to Disney with their children or Vegas, Colorado to ski or perhaps Washington DC which has various museums and site, New York or take a Caribbean cruise! Email Donna at [email protected]. They pay great commission and you can actually travel with the group and get paid. Even if you want to travel to Africa or Asia.