Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Real Estate Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What happens if a signed realestate amendment to the contract is not signed by date (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=469698)

• May 9, 2010, 06:53 AM
    whitely11
    What happens if a signed realestate amendment to the contract is not signed by date
    [What to do if contract date for acceptance is not signed on a realestate contract? Buyers agent asked for more time.Why bother having a date-which is the date buyers agent picked when writing the amendment.Is this legal? Is the contract void...
  • May 9, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Fr_Chuck

If not closed by the date on the contract the contract may be gotten out of, that is why they have to "ask" for more time, if you agree to more time it then extends the contract.

If you don't agree to allow more time the contract can be cancelled for not fulfilling it by date.

A note it is common to take longer for loan approval, for home inspections and the such.
  • May 9, 2010, 07:46 AM
    excon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by whitely11 View Post
    Buyers agent asked for more time. Is this legal? Is the contract void...

Hello w:

Negotiations are just that. They continue on EVEN if an agreement has already been signed. Part of the negotiations is ASKING for changes. It's absolutely legal for them to do so. As the Padre mentioned, you're part of the negotiations, and you don't have to GIVE them what they're asking for. If you don't, the contract is void.

Above and beyond the legalities of the deal, a reason to give them what they're asking for, would be that you'll have a hard time finding another buyer in this market. On the other hand, a reason to REFUSE their request, would be that you can find another buyer at the drop of a hat. I don't know the condition of YOUR real estate market, but mine is pretty tough.

excon
  • Oct 30, 2011, 05:29 AM
    cxeam
    If a property is sold to another party,and the lease is move to another realestate, while still renting. Would every realstate have to make a new contract and would you have to sign it. Or could you still stay with the old contract?
  • Oct 30, 2011, 01:25 PM
    AK lawyer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cxeam View Post
    If a property is sold to another party,and the lease is move to another realestate, while still renting. Would every realstate have to make a new contract and would you have to sign it. Or could you still stay with the old contract?.

Cream, there are at least two problems with this post.

First, please don't ask your own question in another member's thread. This just confuses things.

Second, I cannot decipher what you are asking.
    What is a "realestate"? Do you mean "real estate broker"? From the context of the remainder of your question, I am guessing you are talking about a property management firm.

As far as I can make out, you are asking something about a rental contract (lease). The landlord sold the property to another owner, but you have a lease you made with the old owner? Are you asking whether you have to agree to a lease with the old owner? No, unless you want to extend the lease.